Technical Consulting Engineer - Optical Technologies
Lieu :Bangalore, India
Centre d'intérêtExpérience client
Type de posteExpérimenté
Intérêt pour la technologieRéseau, Fournisseur de services
ID de poste1317752
What You‘ll Do
In this role, you will be passionate about Cisco Optical Networking technology to support our Professional Services delivery.
Should have the necessary skills to deliver Cisco Optical technology solutions on service engagements and provide enablement to our customers around Optical technologies.
You will work with Customer to support on Cisco Optical networks.
You will also work with Optical Orchestration Software and Automation resources to ensure the efficiency of Optical delivery throughout the project.
The role is encouraged to be a domain expert in the details of planning, execution strategy & integration/migration approach of DWDM/Optical technology. The ability to work with partners on the team to gain additional insight into methods and procedures, quality improvements and related areas is a key requirement for this role.
Role & Responsibilities
- Possess in-depth knowledge of product architecture, product features & associated standards
- Scope and estimate Cisco solution’s material required to deliver customer’s requirement
- Design, Drive Deployment & Integration/Migration of large/sophisticated DWDM networks
- Knowledge of transport network design of telecom service providers and content provider networks
- Customer Facing Optical SME for Design and Delivery Strategy Approach.
- Cisco Optical Lead Interface for customer and Internal Cisco key partners’ communications
- Coordinates and executes independently
- Good interpersonal, written, verbal communication and Mentoring skills
- Technical and presentation writing skills
- Microsoft software application skills
- Work multi-functionally with other team members on sophisticated solutions
- Conduct sessions with rest of the team on areas of expertise.
Who You'll Work With
Customer Experience (CX) Customer Success Specialists (CSS) are a team of extraordinary technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver best-in-class customer experience. We help tackle business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and dedication. Our success is measured through customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
Who You Are
- 10+ years working with optical networking equipment, developing and providing solutions on optical technologies and equipment
- Detailed understanding of dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) components, CDC (Colourless, Directionless, Contention-less) Architecture and Optical Transport Networking (OTN) Transport, Switching, Control Plane technologies and Network Management system.
- Solid understanding of general networking topics such as TCP/IP networking, Linux, SSH, TL1 and SNMP the capability to grasp new technology concepts quickly
- Good understanding on DWDM network planning and planning tools
- Experience in design, installation/integration/migration of Cisco Optical platform NCS1K/ 2K/4K or similar optical platforms
- Knowledge of relevant ITU-T, IETF, IEEE and ANSI standards. Proficient with a wide range of test equipment.
- Familiar with interface languages - IOS, IOS-XR
- Knowledge of north bound interfaces like CLI/REST/NETCONF/gRPC
- Goal-Oriented, self-starter that is capable of getting results in both a collaborative and individual contributor environment
- Strong customer-facing written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation, and consultative presentation skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, conflict resolution and time leadership skills
- Experience with fiber optic characterization (FOC) and optical test equipment (OTDR, OSA, BERT, optical power meter)
- Experience with Foundation LAN / WAN technologies & monitoring tools.
- Automation tool creation, use of Scripting (Python preferred, SPLUNK or others.
We Are Cisco
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while tackling for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.