System Software Test Engineer
Lieu :San Jose, California, US
Centre d'intérêtIngénieur - réseau
Type de posteExpérimenté
Intérêt pour la technologieCloud et data center, Internet of Everything, Réseau, Sécurité, Développement de logiciel, tests
ID de poste1327568
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in the innovation of IP-based networking technologies such as routing, switching, security, unified communications, video, and wireless. Our responsible business practices help ensure business sustainability and environmentally conscious operations and products.
Who you are
Do you love spearheading innovation through personal initiative? Would it excite you to be part of a highly motivated best of breed engineering team who is redefining and refreshing the software portfolio for Cisco's CSG Switching Access team? Would you like to challenge yourself in driving a key technology transition in the Wireless Industry while working the market leader? Would you love to develop code using the most modern development methods in Agile mode using a test-driven development focus? Can you demonstrate the ability to develop software with a system-level focus while understanding the impact of every component, work with minimal direction, collaborate with a multi-functional team as well as demonstrates technical knowledge and project management experience to accomplish the goals.
You are a System Software Test Engineer with good automation and scripting experience for next generation enterprise switches and solutions. This role is customer facing and you will...
What you will do
- Review PRD, SFS, Test plans, and customer facing documentation
- Experience in analyzing customer/solution requirements, feature/system test planning, and use cases design and execution
- Experience with designing and setting up test lab infrastructure
- Execute tests, track and log issues and drive them till resolution with verification of bug fixes
- Execute system integration test regressions and collaborate with other team members to integrate automation scripts
- Work with team members across different geographies and cross-functionally
- Participate in multi-functional and cross-BU test efforts
- Initiate and participate in collaborative efforts to improve overall group productivity and test efficiency
- Contribute to overall test strategy, development and test process, and definition/improvement
- Work with marketing and development engineering to understand market/customer/product requirements and ensure that the delivered product meets specifications
- Engagement in Early Field Trials and Customer POCs.
- Closely work with field and customers teams to incorporate feedback into internal test phases and build standard methodologies.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Development Testing or Quality Assurance experience
- Strong networking concepts and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong experience on testing Networking technologies (Ethernet, VLAN, Layer 2/Layer 3, MPLS, SDN, Openflow, Virtualization, Restful, Netconf, SNMP etc.)
- Hands on experience with automation and TCL/Python/Web Based application scripting
- Design test beds, identify vital equipment, build topology maps, and estimate test efforts
- Apply verification and validation methods to improve and ensure the quality
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science combined with 3+ years of related experience, or Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering/Computer Science combined with 5 yrs., related experience
- Work with development team to debug and reproduce software defects
- Practical experience with test instruments required. Ixia, Spirent experience
- Document, maintain, and monitor testing progress reports and communicate status to team and management
- Seek problems failures on local machines and analyze results
- Excellent communication, analytical and analytical skills
- Passionate about networking technologies and automation
- Excellent team and communication skills
- Self-motivated, take ownership for initiatives and work you're doing, willing to work in a dynamic environment
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!