Software Engineering Summer Internship
Lieu :Lysaker, Norway
Centre d'intérêtIngénieur - logiciels
Type de posteStage/Coopération
Intérêt pour la technologieDéveloppement de logiciel, tests
ID de poste1387077
Are you our new Software Engineering Intern?
Cisco Norway is a global leader in developing video conferencing technology - helping millions of people connect and collaborate around the world. At our development center outside Oslo, we have 400 engineers working with hardware and software - from idea to design, mechanics, audio, media processing and artificial intelligence. Our solutions are used by small businesses and large corporations, universities, governments, and international organizations.
We are looking for our new Software Engineering Summer Interns to join us Summer 2023*
What you will do:
During a summer internship you will get the opportunity to explore a variety of technologies, while working together with an existing team. It is important for us that our summer interns feel included and that they get to work on real life projects that are relevant and useful to us.
The project you will be working on will be decided based on your field of interest and our current needs. If you have a great idea, you might even get the opportunity to pursue this during your internship. The following examples are projects that previous interns have been working on:
- real-time multi head pose detection
- improving the microphone beam selector using deep learning
- office room analytics application based on live and historical sensor data from our devices
- noise reduction with deep learning
- synchronous camera focusing for immersive systems
- showing personal calendars in meeting rooms based on face recognition
- using Falco on Kubernetes for threat detection
Who are you?
More important than your track-record, is your commitment, curiosity, and willingness to learn. We are looking for people who want to become an expert in their field through working with us. To succeed, you also need to be a team player. We need to combine our brains, competences, and expertise to deliver top of the shelf products.
In addition, do you:
- study towards a master’s or bachelor´s degree in a related subject?
- have practical engineering experience, for example within programming, testing, signal processing, network protocols or cloud technology?
- have a genuine interest in technology and willingness to learn?
- have the ability to live and work in Norway?
Our people are the driving force behind our success and innovations – constantly challenging the way we work, live, play and learn. We depend on our people’s creativity and ability to solve interesting problems, while making sure they are maintaining a healthy work-life balance. At Cisco Norway we strive to build an inclusive culture where we can grow and excel together.
We are also proud to be #1 World´s Best Workplace in both 2019 and 2020, and #1 Norway’s Best Workplace in 2021. We can offer you:
- a fun summer with a competitive salary, and real-life projects that are important to Cisco.
- challenging and interesting tasks that are relevant to your education and creativity.
- a Cisco Fun group – dedicated to creating social activities and great memories
- a Cisco Play group – that organizes team sports, yoga and weekly bootcamps at our in-house fitness center
- and of course, free ice cream on warm summer days!
Duration: Mid-June – Mid-August 2023
Application deadline: 1st December 2022
Upon applying, please upload your cover letter, CV and university grade transcript.
*Cisco are always looking to identify talented people. If you are reading this posting then we may not have an open job right now, however it is highly likely we will in the future. If you are interested in working for Cisco in this capacity, then please submit your details against this job so that when a suitable vacancy arises we can contact you directly.