Software Engineer Intern - Netanya - Israel
Lieu :South Netanya, Israel
Centre d'intérêtIngénieur - logiciels
Type de posteStage/Coopération
Intérêt pour la technologieDéveloppement de logiciel, tests
ID de poste1323951
Location: Netanya, IsraelWhat You'll Do You will work on Cisco’s Next Gen traffic analytics technology Team which is responsible for detecting IOT devices, connected endpoints and network applications at real-time. As an intern you will be an integral part of the team growing to be a graduate engineer. The technology we develop is used for Security solutions like network access control, IOT security, cybersecurity and bandwidth control systems all around Cisco networking portfolio and is at the bleeding edge Cisco software solutions. You will build detection algorithms and tools for research of endpoints and IoT devices behavior in networks. You will investigate and reverse-engineer internet protocols as well as use data analytics to correlate and model information from thousands of sensors. You will understand and experiment with classification and anomaly detection techniques and get exposed to industry leading solutions in the security and application experience space. We use Java and Python, running at high performance and scale and use a CI/CD development practices running on AWS. As part of the team you will make choices which impact the end product and customers' benefit, bringing innovative solutions to the field. You will have the opportunity to master existing skills while learning new ones and grow. Who You'll Work With You will work with one of the most talented group of engineers in the industry, bringing innovation into the networking world. We are part of the enterprise and security groups working on innovative technologies to detect and prevent cyber security attacks and allow control and segmentation policies. The team is executing in agile and lean methodology and uses cutting edge development and testing techniques. Every engineer is responsible for the complete life cycle of the code. We are working in a startup mode, backed up by giant Cisco. Who You Are
- Student of Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Data Science from the Tel-Aviv, Technion or Hebrew University of Jerusalem with a GPA of at least 85. Being a student for the whole duration of the internship is a must (graduating in 2022-23).
- A forward-thinking and independent individual with high level of curiosity and analytics skills.
- Basic Knowledge with DBs and DB APIs - Mongo, SQL, REST
- Basic knowledge in data processing - e.g. Jupyter, Pandas
- Basic knowledge with Networks and Network analytics tools - Wireshark, NMAP
- Passionate about Java, PythonAdvantageous:
- Related software development/Project or Cyber Security analysis & research
- Networking background
- Experience with Java, Python programmingWhy Cisco #WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it. We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward. So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!