Software Engineer - C or Embedded programming, I2C/SPI/PCI (3-5 years)
Lieu :Bangalore, India
Centre d'intérêtIngénieur - logiciels
Type de posteExpérimenté
Intérêt pour la technologieCloud et data center, Réseau, Fournisseur de services
ID de poste1318311
Who You'll Work with
You will be part of the platform engineering team of CHG (Common Hardware group). Work with a team that has designed the world’s most scalable routers…for some of the largest Service Providers. You work on bring up and hardware diagnostics based validation for router hardware (access & core routers). The router Hardware that has a rich set of network interfaces OTN/SONET/SDH/GiGe/T1/E1 and forwarding ASICs that provide high throughput. You will work closely with the hardware engineers to understand the design of the next generation hardware.
What You'll Do
You will come up with the diagnostics design to validate the hardware and be the first one to bring up the hardware when it comes from the manufacturing facility. You will have to come up with Validation strategy for each interface to catch all the HW design issues early during the development cycle to ensure that customers get a confirmed hardware design to run their network.
You will need to dive deep into platform/network interfaces/hardware bus technologies while debugging issues and also work at a system level when bringing up a board. You will write code in C for device initialization and test code that will validate the hardware design. Manufacturing teams use our code for hardware validation, detecting and isolating faults. Work with the Signal integrity teams to measure and validate the jitter on high speed interfaces. Thermal teams use the Diagnostics software for thermal validation too.
There is also opportunity to work on optimizing test algorithms, and influencing hardware design for testability as well.
Who You Are
- 3-5 years of experience in Diagnostics software development for router hardware/hardware validation.
- Alternatively 3+ years of experience in Platform/firmware/Device driver development for router hardware in C.
- Excellent C programming skills
- Excellent skills in debugging low level platform/driver/diagnostics/HW issues
- Preferably, has worked closely with H/w engineering teams in the development & debug of platform/device driver/diagnostics/hardware issues.
- Works independently with minimal direction.
- Experience with Linux OS/device drivers/firmware.
- Experience in working with drivers/diagnostics for various network interfaces like OTN/SONET/SDH/DS3/GiGE/T1/E1 and L2/L3 forwarding engines/ASICs
- Experience in working with device level programming for HW busses like I2C, PCIe, SPI, MDIO.
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Digital Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.