Site Reliability Engineer
Lieu :Boxborough, Massachusetts, US
Centre d'intérêtIngénieur - logiciels
Type de posteExpérimenté
Intérêt pour la technologieCloud et data center, Collaboration, vidéo
ID de poste1296874
Have you ever had a poor customer experience and thought of a million ways in which it could be improved? Have you ever empathized with those whose job it is to deliver customer experience and imagined how, if properly empowered and motivated, the overall service delivery experience could be better? If so, we want to talk.
In the Cisco Contact Center group, we are passionate about delivering amazing experiences to both customers and employees. We believe software can truly change the world and how it gives and receives customer service and it is our mission to be the leader in this space. To enable this vision, we are looking for passionate, smart, and motivated Platform Engineer to join our Site reliability Engineering team.
As Site Reliability Engineer, you will
- Design, develop and maintain the cloud platform infrastructure upon which the Webex Contact Center Platform is based.
- Drive the deployment and support for Voice/Network/Microservices based Applications
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that solutions are crafted with user experience, scale, performance and operability in mind
- You detest repetitive tasks and the infrastructure is kept up to date as the stack evolves.
- Actively explore and implement automation to accelerate the work for developers
- Analyze data to diagnose and identify root causes to network/Voice/App specific events.
- Develop tools and services to automate the mitigation and remediation of network/Voice/App specific events.
- Periodic on-call duties to provide application support, incident management, and troubleshooting.
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines that can be used to drive quality and consistency throughout the full software lifecycle.
- Use and work on issue tracking tools and knowledge bases like JIRA and Confluence to organize the work and report on its progress for maximum visibility into the software development lifecycle.
In this role, you will work with:
- Product Managers to know our customers and partners so that you can deliver solutions that meet their needs and wants.
- Engineering Managers who will enable you to focus on doing what you love: delivering great software; they will also be your coach and guide on this exciting stage of your career journey.
- Technical Architects who will play a hands-on role in helping you design, develop, and operate with standard methodologies, patterns the industry has to offer.
- Customer Success and Technical Assistance teams to support customer issues with top priority.
To get this job, you will need:
- 7 or more years of hands-on cloud platform development and deployment experience.
- Proven expertise with two or more of the following languages: Bash, Python, Go, Java.
- Experienced in network theory and protocols such as DNS, HTTP, TCP/IP, etc.
- Experience in troubleshooting Voice protocols and experience in handling voice infrastructure elements like CUBE will be a plus
- Experience in delivering always-on customer focused applications (i.e. online 24x7x365).
- Experience with cloud infrastructure services such as AWS, OpenStack, GCP, or similar.
- Experience with Kubernetes or other Docker/containerization tools and CI/CD pipeline development.
- Complete understanding of operational tools and concepts, such as alerting, monitoring, logging and health checks.
- Expertise in building and scaling data services (e.g. Flink, Elasticsearch, Redis, Kafka).
- Experience with configuration management tools like Puppet, Ansible, or Chef and automation tools such as Jenkins.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems with experience in shell scripting.
- Understanding of security concepts and technologies.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.