Lieu :Stockholm, Sweden
Centre d'intérêtGestion des projets ou programmes
Type de posteExpérimenté
Intérêt pour la technologieDéveloppement de logiciel, tests
ID de poste1377839
The Stockholm engineering team is responsible for the development of world leading network automation products: NSO: industry-leading software for automating services across traditional and virtualized networks. ConfD: a powerful management agent software framework for network elements, driving the industry towards network programmability using NETCONF (IETF Network Configuration Protocol) and YANG (IETF data model structure).
You will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases. You will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for software through development and test environments. The Release Manager job function works closely with all participants and is supportive of development and test environments throughout.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Plan Release Schedules for NSO and ConfD products. Communicate release details and schedules to the stakeholders as required.
- Lead and co-ordinate the release activities including the execution of the release plans and checklists. Negotiate, Plan and Manage all release activities.
- Help the release team to perform day-to-day release activities and test monitoring.
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process.
- Facilitating and fostering the quick resolution of problems found during the daily build and test efforts.
- Crafting and maintaining documentation of the build/release process.
- Investigating tools and processes and integrating them so that they can improve the reliability, stability and efficiency with which we release our products.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (solid understanding of project management principles preferred).
- Computer Science degree or the equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multi-functional work teams towards task completion.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Knowledge in Agile methodology.
- Familiar with CI/CD tooling. Experience with build and test frameworks such as Jenkins, Bitten.
- Experience in working with GIT, Shell Scripting. Experience in using Unix/Linux, Shell Scripting.
- Ability to develop scripts in Perl, Python and traditional shell programming (sed/bash/awk)
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence is plus.
- Experience in Yocto Project community tools is a plus.
- Proactive communicator, willing and able to bring people of varying technical backgrounds together to foster a productive team dialogue through strong leadership.
- Demonstrates initiative and a strong desire to see projects end-to-end.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!