Hardware Lab Technician - Acacia
Lieu :Maynard, Massachusetts, US
Centre d'intérêtIngénieur - matériel
Type de posteExpérimenté
Intérêt pour la technologieCloud et data center
ID de poste1341844
Acacia designs, develops, manufactures and sells intelligent transceivers using sophisticated signal processing and photonic integration for the 100G, 400G and 1T bit speed fiber optic transmission market deployed in data center, metro, long-haul and ultra-long haul telecommunication networks.
Our mission is to develop and market intelligent subsystems for ultra-high speed optical interconnect. We are looking for experienced enthusiastic people with high energy and a team attitude who have the right experience and want to work at the forefront of fiber optic transmission subsystems.
On March 1, 2021 Acacia became part of Cisco
You will be a member of Acacia’s Hardware team and contribute to the hardware life cycle of our products. You will work within a multi-disciplinary hardware, Software, Optics, and DSP engineering organization. Responsibilities for this position range from HW engineering support, to debugging and contributing to board bring up, to DVT and validation of systems. This position works on-site in Maynard, MA.
· Test and debugging of systems during bring up phase
· Proto-typing and rework
· DVT and system validation
· General HW engineering and lab support
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
· AS or BS in electronics with a minimum 5+ years of relevant industry experience
· Track record of supporting and debugging of NPI products
· Test and validation of high speed electrical products including parametric and performance testing
· Excellent proto-typing and fine pitch soldering skills
· Solid experience using test equipment (high speed oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.)
· Working knowledge of basic digital circuitry and interfaces (UART, SPI, I2C, MDIO, CPUs, memory, FPGAs, etc.)
· Working knowledge of basic analog components (ADC/DAC, DC-DC converters, etc.)
· Working knowledge of high speed designs (10+ GHz)
- Experienced in the use of test equipment such as power meters, digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes, optical power and frequency counters.
- Experienced in reading and interpreting BOMs, schematics, drawings, and other engineering documentation
- Good analytical, interpretive, and problem resolution skills.
· Good written and oral communications skills
Highly Desired Skills:
· Exposure to high speed electro-optical transmission components (tunable lasers, modulators, VOAs, etc.) is a BIG plus!
· Experience with Optical test equipment (Wave meters, OSA, etc.) is a BIG plus!