Engineering Technical Lead - Cloud Networking
Lieu :San Jose, California, US
Centre d'intérêtIngénieur - logiciels
Type de posteExpérimenté
Intérêt pour la technologieCloud et data center, Réseau, Développement de logiciel, tests
ID de poste1373645
This is a role within Cisco's Cloud Networking team. Here, you will have the opportunity to work on developing the Nexus 9000 line of data center that features application awareness to make the network infrastructure flexible and agile for dynamic response to application needs and virtual machine workload mobility.
You will work with a diverse group of some of the brightest problem solvers and thinkers in the Cloud Networking Team that work on next generation of datacenter and cloud switches.
- Ability to define, architect, design, and deliver new software protocols and features for the Cloud Networking platforms
- Ability to write complete functional and design specs independently
- Ability to design & Develop large portions of software independently and rapidly
You will learn a wide range of the Layer 2 and Layer 3 data center technologies. The job involves working on a state of the art Data center product. The work involves design and development in customized networking environment for some key system software. You will be part of a dynamic team responsible for delivering quality code for large complex systems requirements.
- Strong C/C++ and python programming skills
- Experience in L2 and L3 Ethernet switching and routing protocols
- Hands on experience on switch/router embedded system software development
- 8+ years of related work experience is required
- Experience with high availability related to switch/router products
- Experience in data center fabrics and corresponding technologies like VxLAN
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.