Electrical Product Engineer
Lieu :San Jose, California, US
Centre d'intérêtChaîne logistique
Type de posteExpérimenté
Intérêt pour la technologie*Aucune
ID de poste1374222
What You’ll Do
As an Electrical Product Engineer, you’ll provide new product introduction for Cisco Optical Group, which delivers Cisco’s optical transceiver product portfolio. Through empowerment, you will interact with Internal Design, Quality & Technology and Test Engineering teams to grow and sustain Optical product portfolio throughout their product lifecycle.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Perform new product engineering and design for DFx (DFC, DFQ, DFM, DFR, DFT) on optical transceiver PCB/PCBA Form factor
- Early engagement with Component Engineering, Global Supply Management and Hardware engineering & influence on component selection, process efficiency, and design changes
- BOM structuring and BOM risk Management
- Design tools proficiency (Valor, schematic, CAD, other CAE tools)
- Design lab experimentation / debug (proficiency continuum) / DOE/EFA
- Assessing CM and Non-CM suppliers PCBA SMT technical capabilities
- Identifying and advancing innovations in Cisco products, services, solutions, technology, and processes.
- Ability to establish technical direction through the investigation and evaluation of new manufacturing technologies
- Crafting, analyzing, and releasing product documentation
- Cost avoidance (pre-production release) and sustaining cost reduction
- Technical lifecycles management (defect reduction team participation, new component qualification, etc.)
- Provides manufacturing technical leadership to engineering and product team for a specific product or group of products
- Mfg. (Process) FMEA review; Design FMEA engagement and review
- Provides hardware debug mentorship to contract manufacturing test engineers
- Technical Manufacturing Leadership and direction of sophisticated issue resolution
Who You’ll Work With
Product Operations is the organization that enables and accelerates innovation to craft an unrivaled customer experience & competitive advantage for Cisco through end-to-end operational leadership and product lifecycle management. In this role, you will be a key Product Operations team member specifically supporting the Cisco Optics Group
You will be a member of the product engineering team that partners with cross-functional team of engineers (Design, Technology & Quality, Test), GSM, Mfg Ops, and EMS partners to design and sustain optical transceivers modules throughout their product lifecycle.
Who You Are
You’re a self-motivated, action and results oriented technically strong-minded individual who inspires creativity and new ways of thinking to deliver innovative solutions. You thrive to earn the trust of stakeholders and team members by making impactful decisions to deliver significant result.
At minimum, we require:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent plus 5-7 years related experience
- Understanding of system hardware architectures, design concepts, and engineering development practices
- Experience with Allegro, Valor and other manufacturing design tools
- Expert knowledge in PCB fabrication process and technology and the end-to-end assembly process for printed circuit boards
- Ability to investigate and evaluate new tools and equipment that will improve the quality of products and efficiency of the group
- Ability to handle multiple large and complex projects and processes; Flexible to work with others to implement technical strategy
- Ability to test, debug and bring-up proto boards
- Ability to train and mentor team members on DFx and debugging practices
- Ability to work in a team environment and ability to multi-task and set task priorities
- Experience with complex data analytics using JMP, R, Minitab, etc.
WE ARE CISCO
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
U.S. Vaccination Requirements
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.