Data Center - Networking Engineer
Lieu :San Jose, California, US
Autre EmplacementAll US
Centre d'intérêtIngénieur - réseau
Type de posteExpérimenté
Intérêt pour la technologieRéseau, Sécurité, Sans fil, mobilité
ID de poste1340523
What You'll Do
At Data Center Networking Group, you'll help to develop awareness to make the network infrastructure flexible and agile for multifaceted response to application needs and virtual machine workload mobility.
Who You'll Work With
At Data Center Networking Group, you will be working with a team of dynamic professionals who are driven to design and developing the world's fastest-growing infrastructure tools. The environment within the team here is exciting and will give people who have driven an opportunity to influence and impact the way Customers will use our products and transform their business.
Who You Are
- Ability to work on Embedded Software Development for the ACI Platform
- Ability to write complete functional and design specs independently
- Ability to write portions of product specifications
- Ability to design & Develop large portions of software independently and rapidly
The job involves working on a cutting edge Datacenter product. We are looking for candidates who strive in a constantly evolving environment. The work involves design and development in a customized networking environment for some key system software. You will be part of a fast-paced team responsible for delivering quality code for large sophisticated systems requirements.
- Strong C, C++, Python programming skills.
- Ability to work with hardware team on low-level coding and debugging.
- Hands-on experience in switch/router embedded system software development.
- Experience in data structures, algorithms, and software design with strong analytical and debugging.
- Knowledge of routing protocols and different L2/L3.
- Experience in Enterprise routing, SDWAN technologies, and architectures is a plus.
- Knowledge of N/W protocols: Layer 2/Layer 3 switching/routing protocols, e.g. 802.3, 802.1[q, p,d], IP, TCP, UDP.
- Experience with kernel and other system-level debugging.
- Cisco Networking certificates, such as CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, etc. are desirable.
- Experience in HW board bring-up, device drivers, diagnostics, transceivers, LED, power, FPGA, etc.
- Proven understanding of Linux distro, RPM packaging, IPC, etc.
- Knowledge of N/W protocols: Layer 2/Layer 3 switching/routing protocol, e.g. 802.3, 802.1[q, p, d], IP, TCP, UDP
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech enthusiasts, social media trends, connoisseurs, and we even have a few purple-haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are futurists and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.