Customer Escalation Engineer
Lieu :RTP, North Carolina, US
Centre d'intérêtIngénieur - réseau
Type de posteExpérimenté
Intérêt pour la technologieCloud et data center, Internet of Everything, Développement de logiciel, tests
ID de poste1374270
The Cisco IoT business group is a global leader in IoT. Cisco IoT is an end-to-end IoT architecture and provides most secure and dependable IoT portfolio, which includes Industrial Routers and Gateways, Industrial switching, Industrial Wireless, Utility and Field Area Networking Portfolio, LoRaWAN solution, Cybersecurity, Connectivity Management, Edge Computing and IoT Solutions. With these, we are positioned to accelerate IoT growth on a global scale - for ourselves, our partners and our customers.
We are looking for an accomplished Engineer to join our San Jose based Team. The IoT Escalation Support team provides the highest level of support for technical issues which cannot be resolved through the normal Cisco Support process. We provide support for Cisco IoT based products and solutions.
Who you'll work with
As an Escalation Support Engineer, you will provide remote expert level assistance to Cisco CX teams, customers & partners across the world for IoT products and solutions. As a part of this team, you are also empowered to work across departments including Engineering, Operations and Product Marketing and mobilize resources when required.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate has a real passion for technology and learning. An engineer with a bachelor's degree or Masters is required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related engineering fields. Around 7- 10 years of validated experience in providing remote troubleshooting to global customers either in the IoT/Routing/Switching, Serial, Cellular or Wireless technology area and familiarity with scripting/automation in any language. You should have outstanding problem solving, analytical and organization skills with eye for detail.
What you'll do
- Deliver technical assistance and resolve critical customer hardware and software issues at a product and solution level including 3rd Party products in the solution.
- Applies analytical skills, tools and technical knowledge to solve product and network problems of moderate to high complexity
- Effectively use lab setups to recreate and solve problems and collaborate with the development engineering team.
- Use professional expertise to identify and lead support initiatives to improve the supportability of processes and solutions
- Submit complete and accurate software defect reports in their area of expertise
- Act as a technical expert and provides support on a worldwide basis
- Provide systems/product training both internally and externally
- Document all actions taken toward resolving customer issues in customer contact tracking database and root cause analysis for internal and external consumption
- You can handle a wide range of technical support problems—from simple application or network configuration fixes to deeply complex troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Work with minimal direction and exercise discernment within defined procedures to determine appropriate action.
- You deliver solutions that lead to problem resolution or mitigation with a high level of customer happiness
- Effectively engage resources outside team to resolve issues which may include other technical support engineers, account teams, partners, and development engineers
- Available as consultant to assist team members working on a case
You Will Have
- Professional level cisco certification in Wireless, Security or Enterprise technologies
- Strong understanding of the software and technology business driven by Cloud based solutions in Azure or AWS
- Experience with installing, configuring, troubleshooting Cisco Enterprise routers and switches
- Familiarity with Cellular and Wireless technologies such as 3G, 4G, 5G, Wi-Fi
- Familiarity with routing protocols used in Service Provider Transport networks
- Good analytical skills with excellent written and verbal social skills
- Ability to work independently while responding to changing business and technical conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written with a variety of internal and customer facing audiences.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Who we are
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture enthusiast? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!