Workplace Team Lead - Atlanta
Location:Atlanta, Georgia, US
Area of InterestFacilities
What You'll Do
You will manage a team of partner resources at our flagship site in Atlanta. You will set direction based on corporate initiatives and Workplace Resources senior leadership guidance, foster teamwork and collaboration within team and cross functional supporting orgs. You will:
- Effectively and pro-actively manage and grow client relationships at all levels with a focus on building strong and collaborative relationships at senior levels.
- Act as the key point of accountability for Workplace Resources services and solutions from the client’s perspective at all delivery stages.
- Lead your teams through a collaborative approach and focus on effective outcomes. You will use partner abilities in the execution of outcomes that improve and support the Employee Experience.
- Develop and mentor the team ensuring strong talent, career path planning and a strong collaborative and encouraging work culture.
- Communicate complex ideas, anticipate potential objections and persuade others, often at senior levels, to adopt an aligned point of view.
- Learn and eventually participate in prospective customer tours, partner with Sales teams to share on WPR use of technology deployed, provide insights to clients of how WPR manages and reacts to information gleaned from sensors, building management systems and Power Over Ethernet devices.
- Participate in the development of the Plan of Property and Metro Plan for sites and regions within your responsibility and to sign off and ensure delivery as agreed.
- Directly impact the work experience of over 600 Cisco professionals within a 105k sf portfolio. You will influence the financial choices that best optimize that work experience.
- Be responsible for attending Client staff meetings, participating in Quarterly Business Reviews, attend (and sometimes host) All Hands meetings. Participate in Cross Functional councils and influence Service Providers Performance reviews & KPI/SLA setting
- Be responsible for the operational and capital investment budget as well will act as key partner in any discussions or activities that may impact approved Operational budgets and Capital pipelines. You will own fiduciary responsibility and financial accountability within prescribed limits for the site and region you manage. You will lead evaluations of options analysis to ensure an optimized outcome for Cisco.
- Apply data and analytics to drive decisions and direction within Delivery.
- Integrate client feedback from employees, Cisco leadership and service providers into programs that bring positive outcomes to the workplace experience into your macro region.
- Lead performance call methodology to build team alignment to grow and impact the client experience.
- Develop and use cross-functional Cisco partnerships (as in IT, HR, Safety & Security, Procurement) to deliver prescribed services and results that support the employee experience.
- Apply expert planning, analytics, decision making, influencing and negotiating skills at an executive level.
- Operate with limited or no supervision in a complex environment, provide coaching and guidance as well as escalation protocol to directs.
- Pro-actively partner with the WPR Client Relationship Managers to align agreed upon strategies as well as ensure a local and global interlock.
- Lead by example and coaching/mentor other WPMs, whilst aligning overall customer engagement with vision and direction set by Theater lead
Who You’ll Work With
You will engage regularly with high-level Individual contributors/managers and serve as a key contact point for WPR’s Atlanta delivery operations team and service provider resources. You will interact with Cisco business units, Cisco Workplace Resources (WPR) and Employee Services (ES) and associated Service Providers. You will work with Sales teams, develop data insights and participate in customer tours of the technology deployed at this site.
Who You Are
You preferably hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant functional expertise with 1 to 5 years preferred Corporate Real Estate, Engineering, Architecture or Facilities management experience. You possess advanced knowledge of project / program management methodologies. You are skilled in analyzing internal / external business challenges and recommending solutions that improve client outcomes and maintain fiduciary focus. You are adept at monitoring industry and market trends and translating those to Cisco’s benefit. You are a self-starter, Independent, pro-active, multi task, program Management mind set who is able to resolve conflicts and think out of the box
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.