Working student - Systems Engineering Support (Bachelor/Master) - Germany
Location:Eschborn, Hessen, Germany
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Cisco Sales is all about creating solutions that enable our partners and customers to realize their ideas to their full potential. Our partners are the special ingredient for Cisco’s success and help develop our relationships with customers - we learn and grow together to deliver amazing solutions and technologies.
Who You’ll Work With:
You will be part of a highly motivated cross-functional Systems Engineering team within the Cisco German Partner Organization. We place emphasis on individual development so it's up to you what your journey will be like – if you want to support the team with planning and building strategies and setting the stage for big ideas, or show yourself to the world and play an active role in front of our audiences.
Maybe both? The choice is yours! Whatever you decide, we will get stuff done.
The internship will be part-time (20h/week) for a duration of at least 6 months starting asap, in our Eschborn hub.
What You’ll Do
You will promote and demonstrate a broad range of Cisco APIs and its capabilities in order to build first-class solutions for Cisco customers.
- Help building a community of developers and engineers who use Cisco programmability platforms and APIs anchored in Cisco DevNet Tools and Resources
- Provide support in events to demonstrate programmability skills with using our own Cisco Git-Repositories
- Contribute to outbound marketing and communications (blogging, social media, Webex Teams and Events)
- Provide sample code, use cases and presentations to drive Cisco APIs
You will make use of your existing technical skills and develop new ones to craft and deliver solutions that can be scaled to large enterprises. We’ll be touching topics like Software Version Control, Automation and Testing within our very own Cisco DevNet Resources.
Who You Are:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor or Master degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Network Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Business Informatics or related areas
- Fluent communication in German and English (oral and written)
- Basic skills in Python or another programming language of your preference
- Good understanding of technology trends
- Willing to take over responsibilities and feel accountable for the result of your work
- Strong team player: drive a culture of teamwork for success and work together with cross-functional organizations, technical teams and partners in a large ecosystem
- Demonstrate a high degree of originality and innovation in designing services and solutions
- Must be able to legally live and work in Germany, without visa support or sponsorship
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.