Webex Platform - Senior Network Engineer
Location:London, United Kingdom
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video, Networking
"What You'll Do
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join the Webex Engineering team. As a Sr. Network Engineer on our team, you will collaborate with cross functional peers, business and Partners for effective designing, provisioning, configuration, operation, and maintenance of physical and virtual network hardware and software. Based on your knowledge and experience, you’ll anticipate issues with the network infrastructure & the business model; recommend functional process or service improvements. Additional responsibilities include:
- Design, Implement and Operate large and scalable network backbones (ISPs): IS-IS, BGP, peering to customers.
- Experience with Cloud Networking (direct connect, transit gateways: AWS and GCP).
- Deep understanding of Networking fundamentals including, Security (Firewalls, DDoS) and knowledge of platforms such high-end ASR routing platforms and Nexus switching platforms.
- Exposure to new technologies and experience deploying and operating at Scale.
- Develop automation for redundant tasks to optimize Operations and Implementations (optional but desired).
- Develop and provide services to better monitor, measure, root-cause analysis, and debug Cisco networks at service provider scale.
- Responsible for the long-term health and therefore help in the definition and prediction pipelines for network health - availability and service-level objectives
- Take SME on-call rotation to respond to high priority incidents and resolve issues.
- Analyze issues with the network infrastructure & the business model, recommend functional process or service improvements
- Work independently, receive minimal guidance and direction from manager then identify the best approach to accomplish work.
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of the Webex Engineering team, providing support for our customers, influencing our cloud platform design and providing feedback to our executive team. You will play lead role in shaping our next generation network backbone.
Who You Are
- You have BA/BS degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years’ hands on experience in network environments
- You are a Leader with vision and can influence decisions with your knowledge and expertise.
- You are CCNA, CCNP (R&S and also preferably Security) and have relevant networking experience running networks at scale.
- You have Technical troubleshooting and performance optimization experience.
- You have experience working with network fundamentals (TCP/IP, routing, switching, Security, Firewall, Firepower, ASA, IOS (ASRs), FXOS (FTD), Traffic direction/type, NAT, routing protocols).
- Good understand of Incident Management, Change Management & Problem Management.
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact.
You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
Imagine a more secure and smarter world with unlimited bandwidth. If you want to be part of a company that is making that vision a reality, Cisco is the place to be. At Cisco, we continue to develop products that change how we live and communicate, how enterprises run intent based networks, and how Data Centers run faster with more efficiency, capacity and scalability than ever before, enabling our ecosystem to be smarter. The network of tomorrow will allow for content and creativity limited only by the imaginations of its users.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
@Cisco #CiscoJobs #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.