Webex ISV Ecosystem Business Development
Location:Offsite, San Jose, California, US
Alternate LocationAnywhere in the USA
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
What You’ll Do
The Collaboration Technology Group (CTG) is a multi-billion dollar technology group that creates enterprise collaboration solutions, and is investing heavily to transform the future of collaboration experiences for our end users. CTG’s vision is to continue to be the recognized industry leader in the enterprise Collaboration market and our current mantra is to build bridges, not islands. To do this we must sustain innovation in our current product lines, and develop high quality new partnerships for the future that expand and disrupt the market to stay competitive. The Webex Ecosystem BD group is a small, global team chartered with challenging the status quo and focusing on next generation experiences as apart of the Worldwide Collaboration Sales team. The team understands the collaboration market landscape and customer requirements extremely well. This allows us to be ahead of the curve placing calculated bets on technology and use cases from strategic Ecosystem Partners that will prove to be a winning combination with Cisco as we jointly go to market together. In this role you will evaluate and engage in potential partnership opportunities with a broad strategic view. You will act as an external representative of the Collaboration Technology Group in business development relationships that will require the following:
- Identify, analyze and evaluate potential opportunities, integrating business and technology (offering) requirements as well as competitive dynamics
- Work directly with Cisco account team and collaboration sellers to educate and promote joint solutions with Ecosystem partners documenting wins and value throughout the process
- Be a leader, working cross-organizationally (internal and external) to negotiate agreements, develop and execute detailed GTM plans for each partnership, gaining buy-in and commitments from key stakeholders throughout Cisco and Partner organizations
- Be the partnership SME, understanding Cisco’s and partners’ technologies, roadmaps, strategies and organizational capabilities to steer the evolution of the relationship for maximum value to all parties
You will interface with CTG product management to understand product direction and to identify areas of partnership interest. You are expected to understand latest development and trends and keep a pulse on the market through research and attending industry and technology conferences.
Who You’ll Work With
The Global Collaboration Engineering team is a cross functional group consisting of business development gurus and technical ninjas. The team collectively has vast experience in a diverse set of industry leading technology areas. In addition, our team participates in projects that directly influences the strategy of the global Cisco sales and BU product directions. In this position you will work with this complete cross functional team to move ideas through the phases of the pipeline.
Who You Are
You’ll be highly customer-focused and possess an entrepreneurial attitude, effective at leading cross-functional and cross-organizational teams beyond “business as usual” to achieve great things.
This is a true BD role. You will be able to speak to all levels of an organization (internal and external) with a combination of strategy, product, sales, marketing, and finance acumen. As a “trusted advisor” you are effective at communicating and building confidence among executive leadership of Cisco and Partner organizations.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently, ability to manage complex projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment is crucial
- Knowledge of how technical integrations work with understanding of API/SDK related workflows and requirements
- 3 years of business development / alliances experience
- Experience with GTM planning and execution
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
- Ability to translate strategic initiatives into detailed execution plans
- Understanding of Cisco Collaboration’s and competitors’ solutions and business models