Webex Cloud Calling Technical Leader
Location:Galway, Connacht, Ireland
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
What You'll Do
Role and responsibilities:
- Design, plan and develop highly scalable features to strict quality targets
- Work in an Agile scrum team or DevOPs delivery team
- Feature development in C++, Python and/or Java on Linux Platforms
- Design, develop, deploy and operate microservices for the Cisco Collaboration Cloud
- Aid and drive collaboration in technical deep dives and architectural discussions
- Collaborate across development teams, product management, QA and Operations
- Prioritize changing demands, multi-task, and think creatively against tight deadlines
Who You'll Work With
To support and empower the modern workforce, Cisco's Collaboration Group is building solutions to put "no compromise" collaboration into every room, on every desk, in every pocket and into every application. We are already doing this today with the deployment options of on-premises, cloud and hybrid. Moving forward, we will use the cloud even more to help us move faster in delivering new innovations. The Collaboration Group here in Galway is growing as we deliver these next generations of Premise and Cloud-based Collaboration solutions. Our engineers are pioneers in cloud collaboration infrastructure, transforming collaboration and unified communications into high performance, scalable platforms and services that are the envy of our competitors.
Who You Are
- B.Sc. / B.Eng. / M.Sc. / M.Eng. or equivalents in the areas of Computer Science, Information Technology, or other equivalent disciplines, with an emphasis on software engineering and design.
- Very good skills in debugging software in complex environments
- Experience in multi-threaded programming and object-oriented design
- Proven history of project delivery over multiple release cycles
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- 10+ years' experience in a similar environment
- Software Development and Coding in Java OR C++ for large-scale server side, real-time systems
- Experience working in and building Cloud Based SaaS IAAS / PAAS applications
- Strong knowledge of containerisation technologies such as Docker / Kubernetes
- CI/CD tooling experience: Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Jenkins or similar
- Strong test-driven development methodologies and test tool automation knowledge
- Knowledge of networking and communications protocols (SIP, RDP etc.)
- Experience in applying Machine Learning and Analytics technologies to create alerting and monitoring mechanisms and derive KPIs for real-time highly available cloud-hosted applications
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from SmartCities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us. #WeAreCisco