Webex Calling Application Monitoring Engineer
Location:Houston, Texas, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video, Software Development, Testing
What You’ll Do
You’re a results-oriented Application Monitoring Engineer. You’re a hands-on developer joining Cisco’s Collaboration team with a focus on Cisco calling.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Providing monitoring, alerting, and reporting capabilities to the data center and ensure the physical and virtual server-based applications achieve peak performance
- Working with the group in delivering high-quality platform/application services monitoring automation.
- Helping develop cross-functional relationships across Product Management, Architecture, Engineering, Operations and IT teams at Cisco in order to synthesize requirements and shape our continual service improvement roadmap via monitoring and test automation tools.
- Monitoring, alerting, and reporting on the health and performance of the data center applications and servers.
- Creating logical data models based on functional requirements
- Creating a dashboard to help analyze detail systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and reliability characteristics of a Cloud Calling platform
- Architect, design and implement technology prototypes/pilots and showcase the outcomes to the stakeholders to gain confidence.
- Creating monitoring rules and logic for detecting application performance issues
- Developing thresholds to eliminate non-actionable issues
- Constant Tuning to increase accurate observability rules in the platform
- Ensuring the right level of alerting to help enable AIOps strategy
Who You’ll Work With
You will be part of the Webex Calling team and be responsible for building and running robust proactive monitoring, service management stack. This team at the core will operate proactive monitoring and reporting stacks across our cloud and hosted platforms.
Who You Are
At a minimum, we expect you to have 6 - 8 years of experience in automation/monitoring tools for large enterprises. A BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field would also be expected.
You would have:
- Extensive knowledge of Prometheus or other data modeling and monitoring software
- Strong software programming skills
- Ability to implement and integrate automated responses to monitoring software
- PromQL knowledge a plus
- Understand requirements and objectives for monitoring and data modeling and ability to articulate and formulate Solution Designs
- Experience tracking project activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
- Experience preparing technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Knowledge of VoIP and experience operating a Cloud calling platform
- Very strong understanding of cloud technologies – has deployed more than one solution on the cloud
Cisco Equal Opportunity
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.