Web application - software developer
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for the design, development and operation of a home grown applicationo used to track Product defects and Enhancements to our Products.
Who You’ll Work With
A small team of skilled Java engineers pushing ease the day to day work for Product development teams, and Product support teams in Cisco. The team follows a Scrum model primarily located in RTP, NC while interfacing with clients across various time zones.
Who You Are
You are a software developer with a self-starter attitude, adapt to changing needs, attention to detail, automate everything, an ability to lead and train others and capable of addressing issues in a proactive manner. You can solve problems, document and communicate what is needed. You have experience with development with Java 8+ and Python. You know various development tools and have familiarity with application lifecycle management systems.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with Java software development
- 3+ years of Linux (RHEL) administration
- Experience with Angular 6+
- Experience with RESTful Web Services (JAX-RS)
- Knowledge of distributed version control systems, namely Git
- Experience with SQL and DB schemas, NoSQL, MongoDB
- Experience with Ngix, Apache Tomcat
- Experience with full CI/CD pipeline
- Strong oral and written communications skills addressing multiple levels of engineers and management
- Ability to execute with minimal supervision while guiding and mentoring others
- Strong design principles
- Experience with Typescript
- Understanding of networking and related protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, LDAP, SSH)
- Understanding of AWS deployments
- Experience with the Elasticsearch stack
- Understanding of application design, architecture, security paradigms and enterprise integration patterns
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.