WXM Platform Engineer
Area of InterestCollaboration
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Who We Are:
Collaboration Technology Group (CTG) is #1 global leader in collaboration technologies, which provides outstanding coordinated collaboration solutions that redefine collaboration experience. Cisco collaboration solutions span a wide variety of technologies, including Collaboration Cloud Services, Hosted Collaboration Solutions, Contact Center solutions, Endpoints, Conferencing, Customer Collaboration and Unified Communications.
Cisco Webex Experience Management is a part of the Webex suite of products. Experience Management is a Customer Experience Management platform that helps organizations exceed customer expectations and deliver business outcomes through its three pillars of customer experience. We are the product engineering team responsible for developing the product end to end. We are looking for a smart, driven, passionate and self-motivated Software Engineer to be part of our small, high performance team.
What We Need:
· 6+ years of backend development experience with C#
· Knowledge in writing reusable C# libraries
· Skilled in using/writing REST API's
· Familiarity with source control Git
· Sound knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
· Technical understanding of web protocols like HTTP, REST, etc.
· Knowledge in Continuous integration and Continuous delivery
· Knowledge in Microsoft Azure
Good to have:
· Familiarity with Nosql schema design and mongodb
· Experience in agile environment
· Knowledge in SRE
What You’ll Do:
· Develop simple solutions to address sophisticated problems.
· Produce high quality code that maintains a consistent software design throughout the application lifecycle
· Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with domain specialists and other software engineers.
· Share technical solutions and ideas to the broader team through design review, code review, proof-of-concepts and show and tell
· Supply to building a future-ready, high quality, and performant code base.
· Maintain and improve technical skills over time, taking advantage of new technologies and methodologies when appropriate.
· Bring technical solutions to the leadership team, feedback on solutions recommended, new product ideas with the team through design review, pair programming, code review and tech talk.
· Automate the Continuous integration and Continuous delivery aspects of the product and integrate Cisco approved tools to adhere with Cisco secure development lifecycle and maintain a good security posture for the product codebase. A percentage of time will be spent on this.
· Automate certain activities performed in Microsoft Azure to reduce the time spent on monitoring and maintenance and to continuously improve and maintain a good overall security posture on the platform. A percentage of time will be spent on this.
Our Technology Stack:
· Backend: C# 7 with asp.net MVC running on Azure PaaS.
· Database: Mongodb
· Dev/Ops utilities: Jenkins, Github.
· Other: Cisco approved tools for Vulnerability Assessment, Static code scans, TPSD etc
Who You Are:
Both your clients and your teammates consider you a professional with laser focus on quality and user happiness. You have positive impact through your short term as well as long term engagements. You deliver results and cultivate integrity and trust within your circle of influence.
You are a Software Engineer that enjoys working in a continuous delivery environment and reaching out across teams to seek problems. A self-starter that is willing to jump headfirst into the codebase and start improving it immediately.
You have passion for security. Through continuous and evolving threat awareness, and by leveraging industry-standard principles and highly secure vetted solutions, you strive to create products that are more secure by design.
You have the passion to go after sophisticated technical challenges and hold yourself and others to the highest standards. You truly believe that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. You demonstrate your dedication to having an impact on daily interactions with members of your team.
Who You’ll Work With:
You will be part of a small, high performance Product engineering team at Webex Experience Management responsible for owning and developing a world class customer experience management platform. Our team continues to develop and evolve the product to meet our growing customer needs and provide solutions across cloud, and mobile platforms.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!