WPR Americas - Construction Program Manager
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestHuman Resources
What You'll Do
Workplace Resources (WPR) are looking for a dynamic Capital Program Manager (CPM) to support Workplace Program delivery for the AMERICAS region.
- Lead AMERICAS CPM service partners to successfully plan, design, deliver, and capital projects assigned to you.
- Responsible for the successful planning, brief development, and budgeting of a portfolio of capital projects determined by the manager.
- Single point of responsibility for the project life cycle from inception through design, business case development, delivery, and handover.
- Solves complex problems and takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
You will be responsible for:
- Develop Project Execution Plans, and lead Change Control
- Ensures projects align with Cisco’s Construction Health & Safety Guidelines
- Develop quarterly AMERICAS Delivery Plan to identify requirements for capital projects, including an appropriate level of due diligence, due diligence funding requirements, partner resourcing.
- Accountable for due diligence for capital projects led by the service partners, and for ensuring that cross-functional (risk management, IT, Capital project management, etc.) are included in due diligence and cost estimates.
- Accountable for compliance to global offerings guidelines and standards
- Contribute to the identification and tracking of relevant project and partner metrics
- Develop AMERICAS based partner training programs as required to support the theater CPM program
- Work with partners to streamline AMERICAS delivery process in alignment with the global policies.
- Chip in to business case analysis for service partner strategies
- Participate in the analysis of partner proposals and vendor selection (RFP process)
- Participate in the development of partner sourcing strategies
- Maintain relationships, and develop strategies with the partners we are dependent upon.
- Collaborate with peers, cross-functional service owners, and service provider leadership team.
- Interact with high-level individual contributors, managers, and internal leadership.
Complexity of Job
- Tackle sophisticated problems and identify viable and often innovative options, use analytical skills and judgment to recommend an appropriate solution.
- Translate strategy into clear operating plans that promote operational excellence in service delivery with measurable results.
- Apply expertise in Program Management to identify areas of risk or concern.
- Innate ability to make decisions that impact the quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of the CPM services and related offerings
- Helps drive processes and manage programs.
- May directly lead some projects requiring cross-team collaboration and engagement with service providers.
- Validates project requirements with clients where required.
- Accountable for compliance to service offering guidelines, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Acquire a strong command of the Service Delivery Management model and concepts with the ability to explain these concepts optimally to management or cross-functional teams.
Who You'll Work With
- Reports to AMERICAS Workplace Services Delivery Manager
- Partner with AMERICAS Delivery teams who provide local focus and relevance in various geographic regions including all real estate transactions, capital investment program management, and facility maintenance, operation, and protection.
- We partner with suppliers to ensure quality, innovation, and scalability with Cisco's business and utilize customer-driven feedback to continuously improve and exceed client and employee expectations.
Who You Are
- An experienced professional, commercially aware with broad technical knowledge and understanding of Corporate Real Estate Capital Investment Program Management
- Experienced in leading Program & Project delivery strategies, and translating these into clear operating plans.
- Knowledgeable in Service Provide KPI’s and SLA’s and reporting against a Balanced Scorecard
- Proficient in financial analysis, budget management and modeling, large-scale asset capital planning, and feasibility studies.
- Bachelors, plus capital project and program management experience.
- PMI Certifications Preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Requires deep understanding of the processes, procedures, and systems used in Capital Program Management Service Delivery Management and recognition of the downstream impact on other fields.
- Proficient with technology, tools, and processes that support service delivery; begins to play a part in promoting/developing improvements to functional tools and processes
- Deep knowledge of project/program management methodologies and an understanding of Real Estate industry practices, evolution, and application to service delivery processes
- The ability to analyze multiple sources of complex information and evaluates several alternative solutions before recommending a path forward.
- To be able to explain complex information and effectively lays out the pros and cons of alternatives to consider
- The ability to communicate and drive improvement across cross-functional teams to improve operations metrics and customer happiness; strong service level management and operations leadership skills
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!