Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
Are you our new curious WIFI Engineer?
In Lysaker, near Oslo, you find Cisco Webex Devices R&D Center. We make the best video conference systems in the world – whether you’re at your desk, in the meeting room or in the Boardroom. We have the advantage of not being dependent on others. We make both hardware and software and develop all parts of Webex Devices under the same roof - from idea to design, mechanics, industrial design, user experience, machine learning and artificial intelligence. We simply create whatever we need.
Our products help people connect and collaborate all over the world. They are used by freelancers, small businesses, universities, governments, multinational corporations, powerful political leaders – and even by Queen Elisabeth II.
We are now looking for a curious WIFI engineer to join our Diagnostics software team.
What you will do:
You will be a part of one of our scrum teams. That means you are going to be in the middle of all of the exciting technology and ideas that are developed at Cisco Lysaker. You will have close and everyday contact with software developers, product owners, UX designers, as well as other stakeholders. Together with your team, you will be working with fitting building blocks, configuring devices and networks and automating procedures with scripting.
In this role, you will
- have responsibility of the automated Wifi testing of our products
- be an important part of the development cycle, both writing code, testing functionality and giving feedback
- be a key driver for great user experiences and the quality of our products
- be responsible for qualitative and exploratory testing during the sprints – picking apart user-stories and questioning design, digging through logs and troubleshooting technical problems
- most importantly: be responsible for understanding our users and their needs
Who you are:
More important than your experience, is your mindset and your approach. In this role you need to be curious, passionate and self-confident. As a person, you have an urge for continuous product and process improvement. You like to share your knowledge and are willing to learn and adapt.
You will be working closely with colleagues from different disciplines to solve complex problems. We need to talk to each other, show empathy and work together to develop fantastic products. You are more than happy to ask questions and to provide feedback – both positive and negative – constructively.
In addition, do you have:
- skills in writing test software and scripts (Perl, Python, C/C++)?
- relevant education (bachelor's or higher)?
- knowledge of WLAN system concepts & debugging?
- proficiency in WLAN standards and communications standards?
- familiarity with wireless security protocols WEP, and WPA?
If this sounds like you, we are eager to hear from you!
At Cisco Webex Devices R&D Center you can have your cake and eat it too. You will get the creative vigor of a medium-sized company with close colleagues and proximity to the decision-makers. At the same time, having access to the resources of one the largest technology companies in the world.
We believe that happy people can make anything happen. That´s probably why we were ranked #1 World´s Best Workplace in both 2019 and 2020. We have a culture of recognition and believe that flexibility in the workplace is the key to a good work-life balance.
In addition to a competitive salary, insurance, a unique opportunity to work from home – using the technology you develop and other benefits, we offer:
and of course, free ice cream on warm summer days!