Virtual Sales Specialist - Cloud Infrastructure & Software Group
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security, Software Development, Testing
Why you'll love cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to multifaceted solutions that have real world impact. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
This opportunity is for an experienced Data Center sales professional within Cisco’s Global Virtual Sales Organization to drive the Cloud Infrastructure & Software Group across our mid-market customer base in the assigned territory/region.
As a Virtual Sales Specialist (VSS), you will be responsible for developing and executing Cloud Infrastructure & Software Group opportunities in the assigned territory/region, working closely with our sales teams across and partners across the mid-market segment.
- Roles & Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for working with virtual sales colleagues, field sales, partners and marketing personnel to develop & build sales pipeline.
- Develop & build sales pipeline through qualifying leads, cold prospecting, and penetrating new accounts. Cross sell and upsell to increase penetration of available customer wallet.
- Use the Insights, Discovery, Demo and Trail selling methodologies to grow the funnel and identify new opportunities.
- Eloquent key data center and cloud features, differentiators and competitors. Provide in-depth product demonstrations to progress customer opportunities.
- Effectively team with Field Sales personnel to drive product/service revenue and achieve/exceed territory sales goals. Collaborate on heat mapping, territory strategy and opportunity prioritization.
- Utilizes Salesforce.com to supervise current/potential customer interactions and drive progression of opportunities through the sales cycle.
- Assess and communicate sales forecast including deal status, pipeline opportunity and close rate.
- Direct lead generation and follow-up activities based on prospecting, marketing events, and inquiries
- Understand the channel partner landscape and go-to-market tactics
- Create positive brand and strong relationships with field architecture stakeholders
Who You'll Work With
You will partner/collaborate with virtual sales colleagues, field sales, partners and marketing to drive growth across the Cisco product suite in your assigned territory.
Who You Are
- 4+ years successful track record in a similar role and a strong background selling Data Center, Cloud and/or Network/wireless products
- Goal-oriented, strategic thinker with a strong technical aptitude
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills. The role requires an ability to understand and clearly articulate the business benefits (value proposition) of Cisco’s products and services
- Experience with Salesforce.com
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking aggressive risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with outstanding personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is outstanding, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, ambitious steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!