Virtual Sales Account Manager
Location:North Sydney, Australia
Area of InterestSales - Product
Global Virtual Sales at Cisco is on a journey of Transformation into the new normal.
This journey will result in a transformation of the experience for our customers, partners, stakeholders and employees, building increased relevance and stronger business results for Cisco.
Two of Cisco’s top priorities are focusing on growth in the Commercial market globally; and building an Industry Leading Cloud/Software Sales Engine.
Our Global Virtual Sales organization, which leverages virtual technology to grow revenue and build relationships with customers and partners, is expanding our sales coverage to help accelerate these areas of the business
This role is a key member of the ANZ Virtual Sales team at Cisco. The Virtual Sales Account Manager (VSAM) is responsible for achieving quarterly and annual bookings goals, by managing a Commercial Territory through 50-80 assigned named end-customers. This role will predominantly use virtual technologies (phone, video, web 2.0) to build strong customer relationships, in order to maximize revenue opportunities within the territory.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to build a successful brand within Cisco in order to open up future career opportunities in the Sales and Worldwide Partner Organisations.
• Understand the addressable market in terms of customers and resellers. Utilise knowledge of the region and install base of customers to exploit commercial opportunities. Drive the strategy jointly with Territory Account Managers (TAM) to execute on an agreed Territory Plan. Be the primary interface with the customers within the territory managed and focus constantly on bringing incremental value to Cisco, our customers and our Partners
• Manage all aspects of sales funnel and forecast discipline for the respective customer set managed, including managing and submitting weekly/monthly/quarterly forecasts, as well as managing each identified opportunity fully in Salesforce.com.
• Leverage all available tools, programs and processes within Cisco to provide compelling value for our customers, in order to maximise customer loyalty and satisfaction
• Use Reason To Call (RTC) and other demand generation tools to nurture and develop named customer accounts (sometimes jointly with the Partner), in order to generate incremental business for both Cisco and our Partners
• Build strong relationships with Channel Partners in order to jointly drive growth within the customer territory being managed
• Manage one-off and ongoing projects relevant to the Virtual Sales team from time to time, as directed by Virtual Sales manager
Related Business/ Technical Knowledge, Skills and Expertise:
• Be able to build relationships with customers and Partners effectively; understanding their business opportunities and challenges, and position Cisco effectively. Able to demonstrate strong ability to build new business and make new contacts – unafraid to approach a ‘cold’ or ‘warm’ customer to identify new opportunity
• Ability to articulate the Cisco and Global Virtual Sales Value Proposition clearly and effectively. Have a sound understanding of key Cisco product, solution and architecture technological offerings, and be able to explain in business-relevant terms how they can positively impact a customer’s business
• Excellent Communication and presentation skills. Have the ability and confidence to present Territory Plan and ongoing performance to wide group of stakeholders
• Understand the competitive environment and customer landscape. Have a strong knowledge of business and trends in the IT industry, in order to demonstrate relevance and thought leadership to customers and Partners
Education and Experience:
• BS/BA or equivalent
• 2-3 years of relationship management experience, preferably with channel management experience
• Consistent over-achievement of sales quotas