Virtual Sales - Account Manager - Chicago
Location:Chicago, Illinois, US
Area of InterestSales - Product
What You'll Do
Interested in being challenged and appreciated while embarking in a dynamic career? In an environment where colleagues become friends, where managers actively coach and where creativity and ambition are valued?
As a Virtual Sales Account Manager, you will own the full sales cycle, build direct relationships with customers, and work closely with channel partners to maximize new sales opportunities/renewals within your territory. Working in a sales team (product specialists, sales engineers, field sales teams) you will manage all aspects of the sales process while using cutting-edge technologies to remotely collaborate with customers and employ new sales models (cloud, services & software) to help customers maximizing their revenue.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with virtual sales colleagues, specialists, engineers, field sales teams, partners and marketing personnel to identify, develop & build sales pipeline
- Own the sales pipeline: prospecting, qualifying leads, penetrating new and existing accounts driving sales to close
- Effectively team with Field Sales teams to drive product/service revenue and achieve/exceed territory sales goals
- Leverage in-depth customer knowledge, product and technical knowledge and industry trends during sales process
- Build high-value, strategic and consultative relationships with critical clients and to develop cross-architecture solutions
- Utilize Salesforce.com and other digital tools to track current/potential customer interactions and drive progression of opportunities through the sales cycle
Who You'll Work With
The Global Virtual Sales organization is one of Cisco’s fastest growing sales teams and is the talent engine for Cisco Sales with diverse and motivated teams that consistently deliver profitable growth. We serve our customer life-cycle through a series of selling motions to drive higher value and an optimal experience from Cisco solutions.
We are a dynamic and international team that brings excitement to the sales floor every day. We connect Cisco customers with solutions that can transform their businesses and change the world. We will provide you with a platform for success including: coaching, training and on-the-job learning that will strongly support you in your career advancement.
You will discover an innovative, flexible and award-winning working environment using the latest Cisco technology to enable and empower you to perform to the very best of your abilities. Our teams promptly adapt to respond to market changes, and we are all highly encouraged to give back to our local communities.
Who You Are
If you enjoy selling in a changing environment, are goal motivated and believe in performance rewards for exceeding annual sales goals through strong collaboration with partners and internal stakeholders, we have a place for you.
Who You Are
- 4+ years of experience of B2B sales in similar industry or adjacent industry, preferably at a vendor or competitor
- You've got experience owning the full sales cycle (prospecting, customer demos, negotiating and closing the sale)
- You are able to demonstrate strong sales achievement ie. consistent achievement at or above quota, a history YoY growth in your target market
- You have a broad understanding of Cisco’s competitive landscape with deeper understanding of our top 2-3 competitors
- You have demonstrated informal leadership such as thought-leadership, mentoring, etc and a strong desire to succeed not only as an individual but as a team
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills. The role requires the ability to understand and clearly articulate the business benefits (value proposition) of our products and services
- You have a history of career progression and desire for professional development
- Experience with Salesforce.com
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future.
When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.