Virtual Platform Development Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
What You’ll Do
You are a self-driven innovator who will develop software efficiency tools to accelerate and transform Cisco product development. You will collaborate across hardware, software, and test teams to deliver system simulation solutions. You will work within a tightly-knit multi-disciplinary team, owning the delivery of large portions of the solution. The tools you develop will be used both internally and externally by Cisco customers.
Who You’ll Work With
When you work with us, you’ll be part of a highly empowered collaborative team passionate about the development of extraordinary system simulation tools and infrastructure. You will benefit from the team’s multi-decade experience and expertise in building virtual software development platforms, packet processor modeling, SW/HW integration, and high-performance computing.
Who You Are:
As part of the system simulation team, you will be driving a key initiative: transforming the Cisco XR software development, test, and customer experience using simulation, cloud computing, and automation.
- Abstract and detail modeling of HW IP blocks, FPGAs ,CPUs, ASICs and NPUs in C++.
- Building virtual systems of our current and next-generation platforms using open source and proprietary code.
- Tool & automation development centered around micro-service architecture and cloud computing.
- Strong understanding of HW design and ASIC/CPU/SoC/NPU architecture.
- Strong programming skills using C/C++/python. Go programming a plus.
- Ability to perform driver & application bringup using simulation.
- Proficient in HW/SW performance analysis.
- Highly driven and self-motivated with the ability to work in unstructured environments.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.