Virtual Partner Business Development Specialist. China
Area of InterestSecurity
What You’ll Do
As a Cisco Virtual Cybersecurity Distribution Specialist (vCDS), your primary responsibility is to build and maintain strong relationships with Cisco's distribution partners and drive business growth through effective training, enablement, and timely execution of end-of-month and end-of-year activities. This role requires a proactive approach to identify opportunities and address challenges promptly while ensuring the successful closure of business deals. Below are the key proactive and reactive responsibilities related to training, enablement, and end-of-month/year activities:
- Training and Enablement: Develop and deliver customized enablement programs to improve partners' understanding of Cisco's latest offerings, market trends, and sales strategies. Monitor the effectiveness of training programs and adjust them based on partner feedback and performance metrics.
- Business Planning: Collaborate with distribution partners to create joint business plans that align with Cisco's overall strategic objectives. Align with other internal Cisco teams to ensure effective collaboration and execution of business plans.
- Market Insights: Stay up-to-date with industry trends, market developments, and competitor activities to provide strategic guidance to distribution partners.
- Relationship Building: Foster strong, trust-based relationships with key stakeholders within distribution partners, including executives, sales teams, and technical support staff. Regularly engage with partners to understand their challenges and needs, and proactively address any concerns.
- End-of-Month Activities: Monitor and manage partner performance against monthly targets and revenue goals. Address any issues or obstacles that may arise during the month that could impact partner performance or business outcomes.
- End-of-Year Activities: Plan and execute end-of-year sales campaigns to drive partner engagement and maximize revenue generation. Work closely with partners to ensure accurate forecasting and timely order processing to close out the year successfully.
- Deal Closure: Provide support and guidance to partners during the sales process to help them overcome any obstacles and successfully close deals.
- Performance Analysis: Provide feedback and insights to distribution partners on their performance, helping them enhance their sales processes and strategies.
Who You Are
You are a self-motivated and outcome-focused sales & business development professional with a strong goal and performance orientation and at the least several years’ experience. You are results-oriented and have proven track record of developing and growing partner business in the IT industry. You have strong eye for business, critical thinking, and analytical skills. You are a strong collaborator and consultative seller with excellent communication, negotiation and relationship building skills allowing you to build rapport on all levels of Cisco, our distributors, and partners.
You can work effectively in a matrixed organization and collaborate with multiple teams and partners. You are passionate about technology and innovation, and have a deep understanding of Cisco’s security portfolio and value proposition.
The minimum qualifications for this role are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in sales, business development, or partner management in the IT industry
- 3+ years of experience working with industry partners
#WeAreCisco. We are all unique, but collectively we bring our talents to work as a team, to develop innovative technology and power a more inclusive, digital future for everyone. How do we do it? Well, for starters – with people like you!
Nearly every internet connection around the world touches Cisco. We’re the Internet’s optimists. Our technology makes sure the data traveling at light speed across connections does so securely, yet it’s not what we make but what we make happen which marks us out. We’re helping those who work in the health service to connect with patients and each other; schools, colleges, and universities to teach in even the most challenging of times. We’re helping businesses of all shapes and sizes to connect with their employees and customers in new ways, providing people with access to the digital skills they need and connecting the most remote parts of the world – whether through 5G, or otherwise.
We tackle whatever challenges come our way. We have each other’s backs, we recognize our accomplishments, and we grow together. We celebrate and support one another – from big and small things in life to big career moments. And giving back is in our DNA (we get 10 days off each year to do just that).
We know that powering an inclusive future starts with us. Because without diversity and a dedication to equality, there is no moving forward. Our 30 Inclusive Communities, that bring people together around commonalities or passions, are leading the way. Together we’re committed to learning, listening, caring for our communities, whilst supporting the most vulnerable with a collective effort to make this world a better place either with technology, or through our actions.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.