VDC Insights Analyst
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
What You'll Do
As an VDC Insights Analyst, you will be responsible for helping our Marketing and Sales Teams through the generation of actionable insights. You will conduct data analyses, generate insights and verify them with appropriate organizations within and outside of Marketing, and you will share your recommendations with key business decision makers. You will tell stories with the data and enable strategic decisions based on growth potential. You’ll work with data scientists and engineers, analysts, and researchers to compile recommendations, develop capabilities and define requirements for projects that will help activate our strategic insights with the business. You will work with partners across Sales and Growth Marketing to improve the performance of the Virtual Demand Center.
- Deliver data strategy that helps prioritize key business initiatives, aligns high opportunity customers, advises investment strategy and performance improvement insights across digital and live experiences to meet business goals.
- You will partner and utilize insights and strategies delivered by the Marketing Optimization Team to build a comprehensive strategy across Business Segments and Entities, working with teams around the world.
- Become intimately involved with the data and reporting needs of the VDC Business team and develop optimization and testing plans and dashboard reporting for improving nurture and sales motion effectiveness through the inbound demand centers.
Who You'll Work With
The Cisco Insights and Analytics team is a global and centralized insights organization within Growth Marketing at Cisco that is tasked with using data and insights to create strategic recommendations that drive growth. Our team includes strategic market research, data science, analytics, and business activation to operate within Cisco to serve a broad set of business partners. As an insights consultant dedicated to the Virtual Demand Center you will proactively deliver recommendations, insights and data products to help drive their success.
Who You Are
- You have knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts of customer and marketing analytics, using KPIs to track and improve marketing demand gen performance
- You have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 6 years of marketing analytics, data and insights experience, preferably in the B2B area; or an MBA in Marketing, Operations, International Business or Information Technology.
- You have world-class quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; tenacious problem solver with excellent attention to detail and strong business insight
- You are a "data translator" which enables business decision, and you feel comfortable working with both our data and business owners
- You have experience working with partners in sales and marketing, and project managing efforts that include detailed data structures
- You are able to lead multiple projects in a dynamic, deadline driven environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Experience conducting Data Quality checks and validation
- Experience with SQL querying in platforms like Hadoop and Snowflake, programming syntax – SAS, SQL, or R
- Experience with demand marketing and marketing optimization datasets and KPIs as well as campaign standardization and campaign ID tracking
- You should be experienced in one or more of the following reporting tools: Domo, Tableau, Adobe Analytics, etc.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.