User Experience II (Full Time) United States
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
What You’ll Do
- Interaction Designer - Design end to end user experiences through brainstorming, conceptual models, use cases and scenarios, personas, wireframe mock-ups, interactions , low-fidelity prototypes, and specification documents
- Visual Designer - Design end to end user experiences through conceptual design, visual systems and language, mood boards, low- and medium-fidelity prototypes, final comps, and visual specification documents
- User Research -Plan and execute research studies with guidance from the User Research Lead.
Who You'll Work With
Billions of people are counting on you. Join Cisco to help improve their online experiences! We’re looking for great people who thrive on the challenge of building great products. Our products include cloud, social, mobile/wireless, video, VoIP, big data, collaboration, web, and Internet of Things, TelePresence and a lot more. We’re looking for people who will help us build these technologies for the future and, more importantly, define what we should do when they all come together. Bring your knowledge of building great user experiences and take it to a new level as you dive in and help us build the future of communication and collaboration.
Who You Are
- Including but not limited to a graduate/upcoming graduate of a technical degree or certification program from a Technical Boot Camp, Apprenticeship, Community College or 4-Year University.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design based on HCI, visual, or industrial design foundations
- Produce clear, user-centric design across mobile, desktop, web and hardware endpoints
- Contribute to all aspects of design including need-finding, user research, concepting, detailed design, development of use cases and scenarios, and engineering support
- Partner closely with engineering and product management to rapidly iterate on designs based on user feedback, tech constraints, and market dynamics
- Eligible to start July/August 2022
- Able to legally live and work in the country for which you’re applying, without visa support or sponsorship
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.