User Experience Designer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestUser Experience Design
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Software Development, Testing
Business Architecture and Solution Design service are key to transformation in the Customer and Partner Services (CPS) Organization. This service is accountable to develop and integrate User Experience (UX) Design thinking into everything we do; drive end-to-end architectural alignment, solution design within CPS and across Cisco to accelerate our digital business models, for all offers and to lead our agile delivery practice.
User Experience Designer is required work with business architects and product owners to help define and recommend improvements to operations and customer interactions & experience for all transformations in flight and to identify improvement opportunities for existing interactions (systems, tools, notifications, etc).
Expected result is an improved customer experience and NPS from the users day to day interactions with Cisco, across pre-sales, sales and post sales.
You will be accountable/responsible to design User Experience for operations transformation programs. The UX Designer is responsible for:
- Define and drive user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, and usability analyzes
- Define user journey maps and storyboards
- Review design for iterative improvements
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and low-fidelity & high-fidelity prototypes for multi-platform applications
- Effectively present design ideas & solutions across teams using engaging presentations, teamwork tools, prototypes, and narrative vision
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
- Assist in customer research activities during the planning, strategy development, and early design of solutions
- Collaborate with product owners to define phased UX roadmap
- Define methods to objectively assemble insights and measure user experience
- Delivery across multiple programs
• BA/BS degree in graphic design, human-computer interaction or related field with 5+ years of experience in user experience design or industry experience (corporate, software, web or agency)
• Experience participating in the complete product development lifecycle of web and/or software applications.
• Expertise with design tools such as Figma, Invision, Sketch, Axure, Framer and/or Autodesk products.
Who You'll Work With
The primary focus for Operations Transformation Business Architecture team is accelerating Cisco’s Digital business is to lead and deliver end-to-end operations from Commerce, fulfillment, consumption experiences for our Customers and Partners for all our products and services. You will work very closely with Business Architects, Product Owners and Solution teams engaging with our stakeholders across Cisco, business and IT, with customers and partners.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!