User Experience Designer
Location:Galway, Connacht, Ireland
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
What You’ll Do
How do you work with people every day? Do you chat, video calls, meetings? Have you ever had trouble connecting to audio, or video from a meeting room? Have you had a hard time coordinating with your team around a common goal or initiative?
We all need to connect with people to get our work done. Cisco are uniquely positioned to make it simple and seamless across hardware and software with a leading market position in meetings. Our goal is to redefine how people work everywhere communication is at the core of all productive teamwork.
Webex Teams is looking for a User Experience (UX) Designer who will join the UX Design Team in Galway to create intuitive and elegant user experiences. You’ll be working alongside a team focusing on how people communicate across messaging, calling, and video as well as collaborate on documents, schedules, and tasks. We want to make everyone more productive every day.
Who You’ll Work With
We’re a high-performing group of UX designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers, who are finding new ways to use data from communication, people interaction, and collaborative content creation to craft new collaboration experiences in ways that nobody but Cisco can. These new experiences will give a stronger voice to the remote worker, make distributed teams as efficient as co-located teams, and drive the new generation of everyday collaboration between teammates.
Who You Are
- You have a background and experience in UX: user interface (UI) and interaction design
- You seek to understand the customer when starting something new
- You treat problems as opportunities
- You keep trying until you get it right
- You can expertly hold the attention of a room when presenting your work
- You value tempo over perfection, but know when to obsess about the details
- You can promote a constructive environment for idea exploration and creativity
- You self-manage own tasks and schedules.
- 1+ years’ experience working as a UX Designer
- A portfolio of work showing end-to-end thinking from concept and explorative work to a finished product
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Ability to develop business relationships
- Ability to balance multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
- Formal training in a field related User Experience
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills across cultures
- Skilled in giving presentations and communicating ideas and concepts to various internal and external groups.
Not essential, however, it would be fantastic if you also had experience/knowledge in:
- Agile and Scrum
- Usability principles
- Design tools, for example, Figma and Sketch
- Task management tools, such as Jira.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are innovators, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.