User Experience Designer wanted to help shape the future of work
Location:Lysaker, Akershus, Norway
Area of InterestUser Experience Design
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
We are looking for a highly skilled and ambitious User Experience designer to join our Cisco Webex Collaboration Devices Design team in Oslo. We help companies drive workplace transformation with our award products for team collaboration. Our goal is to enable people to work better together through collaboration tools that bridge the physical and digital world and make it feel like you are in the space.
This role is focused on User Experience design for our administrator products – these are tools that our customers´ administrators, integrators and partners use set-up, provision and manage our Devices for companies, making it easy for them to always provide their end-user a world-class collaboration experience 24/7.
What you will do
- Join an enthusiastic, high-performing cross-functional team
- Define and craft high quality user experiences from concept to specifications for our administrator products; Webex Control Hub and Admin Provisioning, Settings and Diagnostics portal.
- Contribute to an overall design system and contribute to our design process and principles, design system and coordinate design work
- Conduct heuristic evaluations on existing products
- Identify user needs, and help define project approach and UX strategy
- Support facilitate research and gather quantitative and qualitative insights around behavior, usage and acceptance
- Understand our customers, administrators and end users across the world, and preserve their perspective working in a multidisciplinary team
- Challenge existing solutions by driving meaningful innovation and creativity throughout the development.
- Work closely with other UX designers, visual designers, service designers, industrial designers, product managers and engineers in the process of building the right user experience
- Contribute to a consistent user experience within Cisco’s Webex brand
Who you are
An experienced UX or interaction designer who loves to make the complex simple, and have the ability to effortlessly flex between the bigger picture, concrete problems and attention to detail.
Experience with and interest in working on admin, analytics and dashboard user interfaces is a plus.
You put users, their real needs, its context and technical environment and experiences first, and have a deep understanding of UX methodologies, processes and principles
You have a portfolio of interaction design for web, desktop, embedded system applications or platforms that demonstrates end-to-end thinking from insight to concept to wireframes to finished shipped product
You are self-propelled and take lead responsibility
You have the ability to translate business problems and requirements into useful and compelling design solutions together with the engineers
You are a real team player who communicates clearly and effectively, engage people around you and promote a constructive environment for creative exploration and designs to become real
You are up to date on trends and theory within the profession, and passionate about design, technology and human collaboration
You like working for dev ops focused services, features and platforms
You aim high, but can be pragmatic when needed
You love analytical data and translating it into actionable tasks for users
Who you will work with
You will be a part of the Webex Devices Design team. We are dreamers and doers who aren’t afraid to challenge, and we work closely with software developers and product managers in our Oslo office.
In Cisco, design is a global community. We have every breed of designer represented, and work closely with our design peers in San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Galway-Ireland and Shanghai.
Our design team is responsible for designing experiences for end-users of Cisco’s Collaboration Devices but also for administrators and channel partners. We design experiences in the areas of:
- Enterprise administration and compliance
- Business intelligence / analytics for customers and partners
- On premise and hybrid premise management and monitoring for video conferencing
- Service purchasing and Fulfillment
Your opportunities - why Cisco
Have your design efforts reach millions of users around the world, and simplify their everyday work life
Build unique experiences in a Fortune 500 company
Reach for a level of perfection you only get when hardware and software is designed together
Broaden your design perspective by working with users in any industry, such as energy, fashion, education, finance, social media, car industry and IT
Pursue a career path either as a domain expert or as a design leaderGrow as a designer through our mentoring program, internal and external training events and attend conferences
Work in a climate-friendly business, sharply reducing the need for business air travel
Have a flexible work-life balance
- 2-5+ years of experience as user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect or related field.
- Relevant education (bachelor or higher) in Interaction/UX Design or related field
- Proficient in visualization, wireframing and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe suite, InVision, etc
- Experienced with usability principles and testing
- Experience with analytical data and usability metrics as a plus
- Proven track-record in user interaction design in projects from concept to implementation in multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to live and work in Norway
- Must be fluent in English
Please reach out if you have any questions, and send your English CV, application and portfolio/work samples.|