User Experience Designer - DevNet Developer Platform
Location:Milpitas, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Software Development, Testing
What You'll Do
We are looking for a UX designer for Cisco DevNet team in San Jose, CA. The ideal candidate will have experience in creating concept design, prototypes, and products in domains related to community, IT, high-tech and also have experience working in global teams.
Who You'll Work With
We are Cisco DevNet team – Cisco developer program. Our goal is to make innovation easy for developers. You will be working with an award-winning team to design and transform Cisco’s developer experience and developer offer.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience designing user interfaces for web-based applications
- Bachelor’s or Master's in Human Computer Interaction, interaction design, graphic design, Industrial Design, psychology or related field.
- Proficiency in design techniques, such as user research, task analysis, concept sketching, storyboarding, UI design patterns, Interaction prototyping, user test etc.
- Strong visual design sense; hands-on visual design for aesthetic pleasing.
- Strong experience in using design tools such as Sketch, InVision, and Zeplin
- Plan user evaluation studies to improve overall user experience and design solutions.
- Ability to develop new approaches for complex design problems and convey these designs in the form of presentations, prototypes, and design specifications
- Solve interaction problems and create new design patterns and building blocks that eventually became a standard element.
- Must have a portfolio that shows breadth of design - e.g. end to end experience across multiple platforms (Website, Web App, Mobile App)
- A self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, strong communication skills; and the ability to quickly prioritize tasks
- Experience in areas of Design thinking, workshop facilitation
- Experience in multi-national tech company
- Agile development experience
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.