Umbrella Technical Support Escalation Engineer
Location:Offsite, St Leonards, Australia
Area of InterestSecurity
Who We Are
Cisco Umbrella is a secure internet gateway that provides the first line of defense against threats on the internet wherever users go. Because it’s built into the foundation of the internet, Umbrella delivers complete transparency into internet activity across all locations, devices, and users.
Working within the Cisco Umbrella group means being surrounded by hardworking, intelligent and creative people that are determined to disrupt the Internet security industry with innovative ideas, world-class research and unrivaled products and services. We’re a group of engineers, technologists, designers, and more building products that are simple to use and easy to manage. We seek forward-thinking, committed team members who are passionate about contributing to a company that has a vibrant and unique culture.
The Technical Support Engineering team mission is to provide backbone support for our customers and facilitate a seamless feedback cycle between customers and our engineering teams.
What You’ll Do
Cisco Umbrella is looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer to join our backbone escalation team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Handle, diagnose and resolve escalated customer technical support issues in a timely manner through email and phone communication
- Work closely with engineering teams to effectively communicate the impact and priority of escalated issues
- Partner with Sales and System Engineering teams to provide technical assistance with pre- and post-sales through evaluation, closure and on-boarding
- Provide mentorship and training on products for customers and internal personnel
- Create documentation to assist our customers and internal staff to better understand products and features
- Recommend improvements to the product and engineering groups on product related bugs and issues
- Actively participate in deploying and testing new technology and feature releases
Who You Are
- 8+ years’ experience supporting enterprise class customers in a Support Engineer role
- Solid understanding of LAN and WAN networking protocols and technologies, including security solutions, switching, firewalls and routing
- Experience with Linux/Unix server administration and proficiency with command line tools
- Solid grasp of web proxy architecture and deployment
- Strong understanding of DNS, DHCP, SAML, and VPN technologies
- Comprehensive understanding of Windows/Mac technology – Active Directory (Domain, User Administration, GPO), IOS Configuration
- Familiarity with the latest System/Network security principles, techniques and protocols
- Love and passion for helping customers and delivering satisfaction even when faced with difficult circumstances
- Strong written/email and oral communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information in user-friendly language
- Ability to balance a constantly evolving work environment: remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations
- Ability to prioritise and work responsibly with or without direct supervision
- A positive attitude and friendly personality
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.