Umbrella Technical Support Escalation Engineer
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Job Description: Who We Are
Cisco Umbrella is a secure internet gateway that provides the first line of against threats on the internet wherever users go. Because it’s built into the foundation of the internet, Umbrella delivers complete visibility into internet activity across all locations, devices, and users.
Working within the Cisco Umbrella group means being surrounded by hardworking, intelligent and creative people that are changing the Internet security industry with innovative ideas, world-class research and unrivalled products and services. We’re a group of engineers, technologists, designers, and more building products that are simple to deploy and easy to manage. We seek forward-thinking, committed team members who are excited about contributing to a company that has a vibrant and unique culture.
The mission is to provide backline support for our customers and facilitate a seamless feedback cycle between customers and our engineering teams.
What You’ll Do
Cisco Umbrella is looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer to join our backline escalation team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Handle, diagnose and resolve escalated customer technical support issues in a timely manner through email and phone communication
- Provide mentorship and training on products for internal personnel
- Work closely with engineering teams to effectively communicate the impact and priority of escalated issues
- Recommend improvements to the product and engineering teams on product related bugs and issues
- Actively participate in deploying and testing new product and feature releases
- Partner with Sales and System Engineering teams to provide technical assistance with pre- and post-sales through evaluation, closure and on-boarding
- Create documentation to assist our customers and internal staff to better understand product and feature usage
Who You Are:
- 5+ supporting enterprise class customers in a Support Engineer role
- Solid understanding of LAN and WAN networking protocols and technologies, including security solutions, switching, firewalls and routing.
- Experience with Linux/Unix server administration and proficiency with command line tools
- Solid grasp of web protocols (HTTP/S) proxy architecture and deployment
- Strong understanding of DNS, DHCP, SAML
- Comprehensive knowledge of Active Directory Domain Administration tools
- Familiarity with the latest System/Network/Cloud security principles and trends
- Enjoy helping others even when faced with difficult circumstances: exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information in user-friendly language
- Ability to balance a constantly changing work environment: remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times
- Ability to prioritize and work responsibly without direct supervision
- A positive attitude and friendly personality