Umbrella Technical Support Escalation Engineer – Cloud Security
Location:St Leonards, Australia
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Who We Are
Cisco Umbrella is cloud-delivered network security service, blocks advanced attacks including malware, botnets, and phishing threats, while our predictive intelligence engine uses machine learning to automate protection against newly discovered threats before they can reach our customers. Today, we handle more than 80 billion daily Internet requests from 65 million+ users around the world. Our global network has proven reliability and adds no latency.
Working within the Cisco Umbrella group means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent and creative people that are determined to disrupt the Internet security industry with innovative ideas, world-class research and unrivalled products and services. It’s a place where the best ideas are transformed into products, features, campaigns and company-wide practices, so it won’t be long before you witness the results of your hard work
Cisco Umbrella is looking for an experienced Technical Escalation Support Engineer to join our growing backline team. Helping our customers is the best way to increase our brands value and you are our ambassador in this mission. This is an opportunity to join a fast growing medium-sized team where you will be offering top-notch customer service for an established product used and loved by customers across the world. We offer a work life balance work environment, and you will act as the customer’s champion ensuring that Cisco Umbrella provides them with the best possible experience.
Role & Responsibilities
- Handle, diagnose and resolve escalated customer technical support issues in a timely manner through email and phone communication
- Provide mentorship and training on products for internal personnel
- Work closely with engineering teams to effectively communicate the impact and priority of escalated issues
- Recommend improvements to the product and engineering teams on product related bugs and issues
- Actively participate in deploying and testing new product and feature releases
- Partner with Sales and System Engineering teams to provide technical assistance with pre- and post-sales through evaluation, closure and on-boarding
- Create documentation to assist our customers and internal staff to better understand product and feature usage
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent.
- Solid understanding of the DNS, HTTP(s), IPsec, SAML protocols.
- Strong experience with web proxy architecture and deployment.
- Proficiency and experience in administering Linux/Unix servers.
- 5+ years experience in an enterprise support engineer role.
- Comprehensive understanding of Windows/Mac technology – DHCP, Active Directory (Domain, User Administration, GPO), IOS Configuration.
- Wide range of knowledge related to LAN and WAN networking protocols and technologies, including switching, firewalls and routing.
- Be able to articulate industry recognized security standards – Zero Trust, SASE, SIEM & CASB
- Love and passion for helping customers and delivering satisfaction even when faced with difficult customers.
- A positive attitude and friendly outgoing personality.
- Strong written and email etiquette skills.
- Strong oral communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information in user-friendly language.
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic: remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Ability to prioritize and work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and data analytics spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.