Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Enterprise Networking is a global leader networking solutions for global enterprises. Our hardware and software products literally power the largest, most complex and pervasive networks in the world.
At Cisco, we are transforming networking from managing individual devices to intent based management where artificial intelligence, machine learning and automation creates efficiencies for our customers. Help us write the next chapter on Networking – the enabler of government, education, business, militaries, social progress around the world. Your work will impact millions of people every day.
What You'll Do
The User Experience Designer is a mission critical role focused on creating user experience strategy and design. This is a role that will challenge you to push user-centered design into organization’s thinking and processes. You will partner with User Research, Design Thinkers, other UX/UI Designers, Product Mangers, Engineering, Technical Marketing Engineers and Program Managers to create design solutions which serve Cisco’s
customer needs for a seamless, intuitive, elegant and innovative product experience.
- Be the voice of the customer and collaborate across various disciplines and functions to create intuitive, cohesive and seamless designs and experiences that are aligned with the company's brand values
- Distill complex problems and propose simple, elegant design solutions
- Use design thinking techniques to collaborate with product management to influence strategy and roadmap
- Work with the engineering team to ensure technical business needs are met while maintaining a strong focus on the user experience
- Plan design capacity and processes across releases and sprints to ensure business commitments are met while purposefully maintaining work/life balance
- Partner with user researchers to ensure designs are backed by customer feedback
Who You'll Work With
The Enterprise Products and Solutions Organization at Cisco is responsible for $34B in annual revenue and the strategy, solutions and products that come along with the management and growth of that revenue. This team works across Cisco's product and technology development groups and partners to create solutions that ultimately hold supreme value for the customers. From their core business of routing, wireless and switching to their new technologies in
Cloud, Software Defined Networking (SDN), Connected Mobile Experience (CMX) and the Internet of Things (IoT) - there is not an enterprise customer segment Cisco doesn't touch in some significant way. Cisco's range of customers is vast and wide; from global tech behemoths to worldwide manufacturers to local small businesses and everything in between.
Who You Are
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Degree or work experience equivalent in User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, Information Science, Productor Digital Design
- 5+ years designing user experiences and interaction design for rich, interactive, consumer or enterprise web applications
- A track record of success communicating and driving a design vision
- Experience collaborating with senior executives to understand business objectives; ability to present design goals, process and vision to senior leadership
- Expertise in defining and implementing user experience guidelines; demonstrated experience with industry/platform standards
- Experience in conceptual development and rapid creative prototyping as well as tactical UI design and implementation
- Project management experience; experience with various design methodologies and processes including Agile development
- Strong communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Superior strategic thinking, influence and leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Independent and self-motivated
- Be intentional, purposeful, bold, and humble
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Who We Are
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!