UX Designer- 7-10years
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
Enterprise Networking is a global leader in networking solutions globally. Our hardware and software products literally power the largest, most complex and pervasive networks in the world.
At Cisco, we are transforming networking from leading individual devices in the network to intent-based management where policies and automation build efficiencies for our customer companies. Help us write the next chapter on Networking – the enabler of government, education, business, militarize, social progress around the world. Your work will impact millions of people every day.
What You'll Do
The User Experience Designer role is critical to helping build (strategy, research, design, innovation, implement, maintain, optimize) a UI/UX practice for the networking business.
Chipping in with a team of UI/UX designers and testing experts, this is a role that will challenge you to push the organization’s thinking in new and user-centric ways. Working hand-in-hand with the product and engineering teams, you are responsible for identifying and crafting solutions that serve Cisco clients' needs, goals and requirements for a seamless experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for crafting and delivering a Cisco signature experience for clients.
- You will work closely with a team of Product Managers and Designers (UI/UX) to build an intuitive, cohesive and seamless user experience across all products.
- Collaborate with Product Management to influence product strategy and roadmap.
- Work with the Engineering team to ensure technical business needs are met while maintaining a solid focus on the user experience.
- Advocate and be the voice of Cisco's customers in the product development process.
- Distill complex problems and propose simple, elegant solutions.
- Build a signature experience for Cisco software and solutions that are aligned to the Company's brand values.
Who You'll Work With
The Products and Solutions Organization at Cisco is responsible for $34B in annual revenue and the strategy, solutions and products that come along with the management and growth of that revenue. This team works across Cisco's product and technology development groups and partners to build solutions that ultimately hold supreme value for the customers. From their core business of routing, wireless and switching to their new technologies in Software Defined Networking (SDN), Connected Mobile Experience (CMX) and the Internet of Everything (IoE) - there is not an enterprise customer segment Cisco doesn't touch in some significant way. Cisco's range of customers is vast and wide…from global tech behemoths to worldwide manufacturers to local small businesses and everything in between.
Who You Are
Experience and Technical Skills
- 7+ years designing user experiences and interaction design for rich, interactive, consumer or web applications.
- A track record of successfully communicating and driving a design vision.
- Experience collaborating with senior leaders to understand business objectives; ability to communicate design goals, process, and vision to senior leadership.
- Expertise in defining and implementing user experience guidelines; demonstrated experience with industry/platform standards.
- Experience in conceptual development and rapid creative prototyping as well as tactical UI design and implementation.
- Project management experience; experience with various design methodologies and processes including Agile development.
Professional and Personal Attributes
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrable ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Out-standing strategic thinking, influence and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Independent and ambitious.
The ideal candidate experience
- Ability to optimally communicate concepts with passion and integrity. Superb interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience.
- Experience working across regions/countries preferred but not required.
- Solid design history backed by delivery and execution.
- Degree or work experience equivalent in User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science or Digital Design.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with out-standing personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.