UX Designer – SD-WAN
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything
Enterprise Networking is a global leader networking solutions for global enterprises. Our hardware and software products literally power the largest, most complex and pervasive networks in the world. At Cisco, we are transforming networking from managing individual devices in the network to intent based management where policies and automation create efficiencies for our customer companies. Help us write the next chapter on Networking – the enabler of government, education, business, militaries, social progress around the world. Your work will impact millions of people every day. What You'll Do The User Experience function is mission critical to creating a best in class product offering for the enterprise networking business. Contributing with a team of UI/UX designers and testing experts, this is a role that will challenge you to push the organization’s thinking in new and user-centric ways. Working hand-in-hand with the product and engineering teams, you are responsible for identifying and designing solutions which serve Cisco clients' needs, goals and requirements for a seamless experience. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and delivering a Cisco signature experience for clients. Key responsibilities:
- Produce UX design artifacts relatively independently with minimal direct oversight by a UX Lead or Manager.
- Maintain your own production schedule managing expectations for delivery of your work.
- Clearly communicate and highlight any communication, delivery or other type of blocker/obstacle you may have preventing you or the team from moving forward.
- Support your design rationale with data if available, industry heuristics or our own design principles.
- Distill complex problems and propose simple, elegant solutions – be willing to push on requirements that add unnecessary complexity to the core user experience.
- Formulate user research questions to inform your (and other team members) decision-making during the product design process.
- Collaborate with Product Management to influence product strategy and roadmap.
- Work closely with a team of Product Managers and Designers to create an intuitive, cohesive and seamless user experience across all products.
- Work with the Engineering team to ensure technical business needs are met while maintaining a strong focus on the user experience.
- Conduct UX QA of your feature areas once Engineering has delivered a build to ensure the work you’ve thoughtfully crafted has been successfully implemented by our development colleagues.
- Evangelize the user experience design process with your teams to ensure our cross-functional partners are aware of the design process (and the steps necessary to produce great work).
- Advocate and be the voice of Cisco's customers in the Company's product development process.
- Create a signature experience for Cisco software and solutions that are aligned to the Company's brand values.
- Mentor more junior design staff in learning the UX Design craft in a highly complex, fast moving corporate environment. Who You'll Work With The Enterprise Products and Solutions Organization at Cisco is responsible for $34B in annual revenue and the strategy, solutions and products that come along with the management and growth of that revenue. This team works across Cisco's product and technology development groups and partners to create solutions that ultimately hold supreme value for the customers. From their core business of routing, wireless and switching to their new technologies in Software Defined Networking (SDN), Connected Mobile Experience (CMX) and the Internet of Everything (IoE) - there is not an enterprise customer segment Cisco doesn't touch in some significant way. Cisco's range of customers is vast and wide…from global tech behemoths to worldwide manufacturers to local small businesses and everything in between. Who You Are Qualifications: Experience and Technical Skills *6+ years designing user experiences and interaction design for rich, interactive, consumer or enterprise web applications.
- A track record of success communicating and driving a design vision.
- Demonstrated experience working in product teams significantly contributing to a best practice model of strategy, research, design, implement, measure, evolve, and optimize. Show us this is your mindset!
- Experience collaborating with senior executives to understand business objectives; ability to present design goals, process and vision to senior leadership.
- Expertise in defining and implementing user experience guidelines; demonstrated experience with industry/platform standards.
- Experience in conceptual development and rapid creative prototyping as well as tactical UI design and implementation.
*Familiar with the visual presentation of data.
- Project management experience; experience with various design methodologies and processes including Agile development.
- Some experience with Design Thinking methods and approaches preferred.
Professional and Personal Attributes
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Superior strategic thinking, influence and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Independent and self-motivated.
The ideal candidate experience
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts with passion and integrity. Excellent communication skills.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience.
- Experience working across regions/countries preferred but not required.
- Solid design history backed by delivery and execution. Education:
- Degree or work experience equivalent in User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, Information Science or Digital Design. Why Cisco We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart ci ties, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.