UX Design Intern - London 2023
Location:London, United Kingdom
Area of InterestUser Experience Design
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Software Development, Testing
UX Design Internship, London, Summer 2023
Cisco Meraki is the industry leader in simple, secure, intelligent networking and IoT platforms. We empower organizations everywhere - from local libraries to global hotels - to focus on their mission and have technology that simply works. Our portfolio includes wireless, security, intelligent insights - plus smart cameras and sensors.
Cisco has named #1 Best Company to Work For in the U.S. by Fortune in 2021!
What we’re looking for:
UX Designers to intern on our IoT team!
As a Interaction Designer intern at Meraki (or UX Designer) at Meraki, you’ll craft experiences for configuring, monitoring, and gathering insights from smart spaces. Collaborating closely with your mentor, other designers, and cross-functional partners, you’ll get to understand the complex needs of customers, and design product features grounded in those needs.
We place a high value on encouraging the growth and development of everyone on the team. On the UX team, we give and get feedback early and often, share what we know, and learn from each other. UX interns will be paired with a mentor and work closely with them throughout their internship. The UX team’s primary focus is on software, but we also find opportunities to collaborate with teams across the organization and think about how to improve the entire customer experience.
- Learn about the domain and workflows of our users.
- Collaborate with partners in product management and engineering to help define problems and explore solutions.
- Collaborate with researchers on user research.
- Help to identify the right problems to solve.
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the software design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mock-ups, and/or high fidelity prototypes.
- Solicit feedback from designers, researchers, and other collaborators.
You should be pursuing a bachelor’s degree, Masters or advanced education level of study within Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, UX Design or similar: This is a paid internship opportunity, and you will “Earn while you Learn”.
- Be on track to graduate in 2024.
- Continually motivated and enthusiastic about learning new skills and deepening your expertise.
- Display excellent communication skills.
- Enjoy collaborating with people in other fields (engineering, product, etc.) and is a standout teammate.
- Have a love for making problems and workflows feel simple and approachable.
- Be genuinely interested in Interaction & Experience Design (Ideally, with previous projects which show your expertise)
You should also be:
- Ready to put you career on the right track?
- Seeking to work on real world projects, where your input will be valued.
- Able to commit to a full-time (40hr per wk) working day.
- Available to join us from June – late August.
If this opportunity sounds interesting to you? then we’d love to hear from you! So apply today!
And please remember to include a link to your online portfolio and share the exciting projects you've worked on!
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can envision new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.