UX Designer - Graduate - UK
Location:Uxbridge, England, United Kingdom
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Job TypeNew Graduate
Cisco's Collaboration Technology Group is redefining the future of collaboration in the work space. We are creating a world where people come together effortlessly and enjoyably. Our technology powers products and services that bring modern, uncompromised collaboration to everyone – spanning every room, desk, pocket and application. Industry leading products like Cisco Webex Teams, Webex Meetings, Cisco Meeting Server and Cisco Collaboration Meeting Rooms are examples of our technology in action.
This is the role you will be playing
- You’ll be part of a multi-functional team to design and improve Cisco’s next-generation meeting web applications.
- You’ll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to gather requirements, propose software designs, follow through with implementation and iterate in response to feedback.
- You’ll employ Cisco’s Design Thinking to create products that are delightful to our users.
- You’ll conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback from customers.
- You’ll develop wireframes and task flows on user needs.
- You’ll find creative ways to tackle UX problems (ie. Usability, findability).
- You’ll collaborate with designers and developers to create intuitive, user-friendly applications.
- You’ll combine interfaces and workflows to enhance user experience.
- You’ll stay ahead of competitor products and industry standards.
We are interested in the following from you:
- BSc in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Consistent track record of personal and academic achievements.
- Highly motivated and have a passion about the way the product looks and feels.
- Strong interest for technology.
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture.
- Flexible individual who can quickly adapt to new challenges and requirements.
- Grow with teamwork, working side by side with people from diverse backgrounds and disciplines.
- Good communicator, both written and verbal.
- Ability to apply a scientific approach to solving complex problems.
- Motivated by challenges and continuous learning.
Skills we are after:
- You are experienced in design software (ie. UXPin, Balsamiq).
- You have an understanding of, or experience with, Agile software development methodologies.
We offer to you:
- A competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Excellent benefits
- A flexible working environment and hours
- Continuous learning through training, stretch assignments and hackathons
- A fun group of people to work alongside
- Fortnightly sprint demos with free pizza lunch
Reasons for choosing Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference.
We adopt digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. A security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
We made the Internet what it is today. But Cisco didn't just build the Internet. We keep building it. Our edge doesn't come from technology. It comes from our people. We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.