UX Design Lead
Location:Offsite, San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestCollaboration
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Who We Are
Cisco Collaboration is seeking a UX Design Lead to build a new video-based enterprise collaboration product from scratch. This is a rare and outstanding opportunity to work with a small but top-tier team (built and sold two startups) to take a product from zero to one with the full backing, resources, and support of Cisco.
You will be instrumental in defining the product vision, design strategy, and design thinking behind this new product – and executing it with your team and together with product management and engineering.
In this hybrid role, you will both help us grow a design team and independently contribute to the research, design concepts, and prototyping efforts that are ongoing.
What You'll Do
- Work cross functionally with other designers, product managers, engineers and executives to design sophisticated, innovative, and intuitive design solutions.
- Own projects from discovery to deployment and are comfortable independently leading projects from start to finish.
- Build innovative, highly usable interaction flows for a variety of applications.
- Thoroughly understand your users and acquire the user data you need to make good design decisions.
- Balance user needs with business goals and technological constraint and resolve conflicts between quality and speed of delivery.
- Use objective quality criteria and data to drive decisions. You’ll have an owner approach and manage dependencies that may be out of your immediate responsibility.
- Manage and lead designers to meet business demands and employee development needs.
- Influence the design work of others and drive consensus among your cross-functional counterparts.
- Promote a constructive environment for idea exploration and creativity.
Who You Are
- 6-8+ years of design experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, product designer, design manager or similar role
- 2+ years of experience in a role managing a team of designers
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Design, HCI, or related field
- A portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications that demonstrate your design thinking
- Extensive and relevant work experience developing systems for web, mobile, and/or desktop applications
- Expertise with design tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma, Photoshop) to produce wireframes and high fidelity mockups.
- Knowledge of best practices for information architecture and UX design, as well as usability principles and techniques.
- Experience conducting UX research to amplify research and design impact.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present design work authoritatively to all levels of management, negotiating and influencing to build consensus.
- Experience leading collaborative, cross functional projects working with globally distributed multi-disciplinary teams.
- Great teammate with the highest level of integrity.
- Passion for technology and how it can be leveraged to drive business impact.
3 Reasons You Should Apply...
- You care about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment
- Are comfortable with the rapid, unpredictable nature of a tech startup
- Are okay with trying and failing to getting it perfect the first time
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!