UK Education and Research Market Account Manager - UKI Public Sector
Location:Offsite, London, United Kingdom
Alternate LocationAnywhere in the UK
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Service Provider, Wireless, Mobility
What You'll Do
The Account Manager in Cisco UK Education and Research Team is the key contact for our University and Research customers. You will own and nurture multiple relationships within your customers, building and executing the sales strategy.
You will drive major transformational projects in our customers as they digitize their environments to enhance teaching, learning and research outcomes, improve operational efficiency and develop strategies for continued success in student experience and satisfaction results.
Your success will reflect in sales achievements, long term customer relationships and satisfaction.
- Focus on an outstanding customer experience and become your customers' trusted advisor.
- Own and develop the Cisco Account Management Business Plan.
- Orchestrate cross-functional team members to deliver complete business solutions.
- Work closely with Cisco Partners, to drive the joint strategy and delivery of new solutions, products and services.
- Plan and execute the sales strategy in order to meet the agreed milestones and timescales and to ensure that sales targets are achieved or exceeded.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Deliver accurate business metrics, monthly forecasts, weekly commits and pipeline development reports.
- Anticipate and react to any change in the opportunities, market, customer needs and requirements that could impact the overall revenue target
At Cisco you will be the first to benefit from what our technology can offer. Our approach is to enable you to be flexible in how you arrange your work, making sure are able to perform at your very best.
Who You'll Work With
We are Cisco Sales. We sell solutions, products and services that make our customers successful.
Our focus is to find and solve their most critical problems and help them harness new market opportunities.
Through our knowledge of the Education and Research Market we anticipate our customers' needs, as the sector shifts in an unprecedented transformation and technology impacts everything.
You will join a team of highly skilled Sales professionals working with Pre-Sales and Technology specialists.
Join the UK EDUCATION AND RESEARCH team and make amazing things happen.
Who You Are
- You bring 2+ years of sales experience in a dynamic IT, Software, Services and Solution business.
- Minimum BA degree in a business discipline or equivalent.
- Demonstrate success in achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- Able to understand, articulate and position the value of a technology-based solution to the customer.
- Write and speak English fluently.
- Solid Understanding of the UK Education and Research Market and experience developing trusted customer relationships up to C level within it .
- Ability to match customer needs with state of the art technology solutions and partners to deliver them.
- Negotiation skills to craft solutions that are beneficial to our customers, partners and Cisco overall.
- Confidence in applying business and financial expertise to identify and qualify opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to leverage and engage internal resources such as Marketing, Technology Experts, Services and others.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!