UI/UX Test Analyst
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Who You’ll Work With
Billions of times a day, computers around the world communicate with the Cisco Secure Endpoint Cloud and rely on the Secure Endpoint product to protect them against advanced forms of malware. The Cisco Secure Endpoint Portal UI/UX team conceptualizes, designs and implements and modernizes the Front End for Cisco Secure Endpoint, a global leader in Endpoint Protection, Detection and Response.
Our team fosters a collaborative, thoughtful approach to development and testing. This is an opportunity to be part of a team with both fresh ideas and years of experience developing high performance, high availability networked software in one of the most fascinating and surprising industries in tech today: computer security. Come learn with us!
Who You Are
You are self-motivated individual with a deep sense of empathy for customers that are often overworked, trying to protect their organization from advanced cyber attacks. You're humble, willing to learn, and not afraid to ask questions.
What You'll Do
Our team is looking for a UI/UX Test Engineer who will understand different applications, system behavior and help put automation in place to test these applications/systems. You will be writing automation to validate end-to-end functionality of various systems in isolation and at scale.
Everyone in our team has an important voice. We want your creative thinking and expect a willingness to suggest solutions, from code and/or feature changes all the way up to designing/rearchitecting core elements of the product—even parts our team isn’t directly responsible for. As QA, we relish both attention to detail and the ability to step back and see the big picture.
What does an ideal candidate look like?
- You are a self-motivated, results-driven and creative individual who wants to be part of a team with diverse experience and ideas.
- You want to get to the bottom of things, understand what's going on, and make a difference.
- You are someone who doesn't give up when faced with complex problems, but knows how to take a methodical, evidence-based approach to troubleshooting.
- You “dive in” as a self-learner, but you know to ask for help when you need it.
- You aren’t afraid to speak up, and you also know how to listen carefully to others.
Preferred Qualifications / Experience
- 2+ years with Selenium (or Cypress a great advantage)
- Experience in a previous testing role
- Excellent scripting skills utilizing Ruby
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience with Test Automation tools
- Experience with bug reporting/tracking tools.
- Good understanding of continuous integration tools and frameworks
- Experience working in Agile environments across multiple geographies.
- Strong knowledge and keen interest in emerging tools and technologies in the industry
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!