UI Engineer, Customer Experience
Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Software Development, Testing
What You’ll Do
Cisco’s Customer Experience Design Group is searching for an exceptionally technical, creative, and talented UI engineer to work with our team of UX designers and UI engineers. This person will be responsible for working with team members and key stakeholders in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment to deliver innovative applications, prototypes, and analytics-driven visualization tools that help to redefine and reimagine the Cisco customer experience.
Who You’ll Work With
You will be part of an innovative experience design team responsible for overhauling the way customers and partners interact with Cisco. Our team designs and develops next generation applications and services using big data analytics, machine learning, and advanced visualization across cloud, desktop, and mobile platforms.
Who You Are
At a minimum, we expect you to have:
• 3+ years experience in front-end web development, using frameworks like Angular, Vue.js, or React
• Knowledge of modern full-stack development practices and frameworks
• Proven track record of building and delivering successful software projects
• Strong collaboration and communication skills
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or BS/MS plus equivalent software engineering / coding bootcamp education
• Delivering prototypes and MVPs on a path toward productization on an accelerated timeline
• Working closely with a user experience team
• DevOps, CI/CD processes and tools
• At least one of the following programming languages: Java, Scala, Python, GoLang, C#, Objective-C
• Microservice architecture and related frameworks
• Creating dynamic, interactive data visualizations
• Application of machine learning services
• Mobile development (iOS/Android, Cordova or React Native)
Note: multiple slots available
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco