Transceiver Module Group Hardware Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
What You'll Do
Cisco is looking for an Optical Transceiver Module Hardware Engineer in the Transceiver Module Group located in San Jose, CA- US. TMG leads all optical interconnection technologies in Cisco, spanning from 100Mbit/s to 400Gbit/s interfaces across all of the media, from Cu cables to Multimode Fiber to Single Mode Fiber. You will be a pivotal member of a new product development and sustaining team. You will be working on transceiver optical modules across most Cisco platforms giving you the opportunity to interact across product lines.
High Level Responsibilities:
- Update and write module specification pertaining to EEPROM and low-speed signal path
- Main point of contact for I2C signal details
- Debug and resolve issues related to transceiver electrical interface
- Drive failure analysis to reach design solutions and corrective actions
- Complete user documentation, such as transceiver specifications
- Drive multiple complex issues to resolution
- Opportunity to participate in industry consortium (MSA, IEEE) for specifications
- Work with multi-functional project teams and supply base throughout product development phase
Who You'll Work With
Work environment will be characterized by frequent contacts and interactions with many different design, test, manufacturing and support groups across Cisco and with third parties such as Suppliers and/or Customers. Opportunity to work across Cisco product lines on products of paramount importance.
Who You Are
- Hands on experience with electrical and optical test and measurement equipment including Optical attenuators, switches, spectrum analyzers, triple power suppliers, digital multi-meters, and oscilloscopes
- Experience with transceiver EEPROM programming, digital logic, and micro-controllers
- Experience with high-speed electrical interface design and test
- Experience with I2C interfaces
- Familiarity with optical transceiver industry consortium
- Familiarity with major electronics designs used in optical telecommunications
- Familiarity with basic networking, Cisco IOS/NXOS a plus
- Familiarity with generating hardware specifications
- Knowledgeable on transmission line and signal integrity
- Capable to work in a dynamic environment
- Possesses a quality-oriented mindset and attention to details
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to express complex technical concepts and influence others
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Optical Engineering with 5+ years of relevant experience
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with extraordinary personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought-leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.