Tier2 Contact Center engineer
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
- Handle issues/customers by setting expectations and meeting/exceeding those expectations to achieve the highest level of customer happiness
- Efficiently communicate issues to engineers within the support team, and resolutions/work-around to the customer
- Receive minimal supervision, no instruction on routine work, and general instruction on new assignments
- Perform ad hoc analysis and tasks as assigned
- Understand and meet customer agreements (SLO/SLA/commitments)
- Follow and participate in the improvement of established team processes
- Understand and Apply ITIL framework (Event, Incident, Change & Problem Management)
- Collaborate with peers and multi-functional teams
- Maintaining knowledge required to perform role effectively
- Participate in regular synch ups with Management and Technical Leads
- Good interpersonal, oral, visual, and written communication skills for communications to technical and non-technical staff
- Available to work in rotational shifts
- Able to work within a customer oriented, positive team environment
- Proficient or must have knowledge around the following technologies: Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) 11.x,10.x,9.x, Cisco Unity Connection (CUC)11.x,10.x,9.x, Cisco Instant Messaging and Presence (IMP) 11.x,10.x,9.x, Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) and peripheral components (ICM, CVP, VXML, IVR), Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX)
- Troubleshooting and service provisioning methods for Cisco VoIP
- Experience with routine system administration tasks such as OS and application patches, upgrades and backups of the voice environment
- Good Understanding and work experience in third party products like eGain, Verint and NICE recording
- Must have hands on experience on Collaboration application suite
- Must be able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization including 3rd party vendors
What you'll do
- Receives limited supervision
- Provides guidance and mentoring to other engineers
- Translates worldwide team goals into own work assignments
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments
Experience & Education
- 3+ years of relevant industry and technology experience in a support services environment.
- BE/ B TECH in a technical field (CS/EE/IT preferred)
- CCNA or equivalent knowledge in Collaboration technology.
- Automation skills. Knowledge of Scripting and APIs.
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.