Tier 2 Data Center Infrastructure Engineer
Location:Mexico City, Mexico
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestNetworking, Webex (Collaboration)
What You'll Do
As a member of our Cloud Collaboration Family with Cisco Managed Services (CMS), you will be supporting Cisco's Cloud Collaboration offers.
The team provides second/third level technical support for Cisco Cloud Collaboration solutions worldwide via phone calls, and remote access. Provide consultation to independently solve problems for Cisco customers along with collaborating with Cisco internal TAC and Product engineers to resolve issues.
Who You'll Work With
You will work on sophisticated problems where analysis of situations requires in-depth evaluation of factors
- Understand and meet customer agreements (SLO/SLA/commitments) while following and improving established team processes
- Identify and enforce to cost reduction measures through continuous improvement, innovation, and automation
- Understand ITIL framework (Event, Incident, Change & Problem Management)
Specific to the role of Tier 2 engineer, responsibilities may include:
- Provide technical support on all P1, P2, and other high visibility incidents:
- Provide internal and external executive level updates to all partners
- Perform troubleshooting, document tickets, and follow-up actions
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams (AS, TAC, etc) to ensure unified messaging to customer
- Participate in ticket reviews to check ticket handling and customer communications
- Maintain productive customer relationships
Who You Are
Self-starter who requires little oversight to achieve goals and meet your objectives. You work well with others and are truly a great teammate. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. See the big picture even when analyzing multiple sophisticated factors under pressure. You have a technical background and are strong in troubleshooting.
- BS in a technical field and 3+ years Network Operations Centre or Technical Assistance Centre
- 3-5 years’ experience acting as a liaison with external/internal customers
- Solid understanding of routing and switching protocols (EIGRP, iBGP, eBGP, Static Routing, SDWAN, ACL, QOS), Cisco Firewalls (ASA, FTD, ACL, NAT, VPN, ISE ) and experience working with ISPs
- Knowledge on Cisco Data Center Compute and Storage platforms like UCS Blade & Rack Servers, MDS, Hyperflex, VMware, Cisco Nexus (including ACI mode and supporting APIC), Catalyst switches, ASR routers, Firepower Threat Defense
- Great teammate with good communication skills in both written and spoken format
- Ability to prioritize while handling customer commitments.
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with Splunk or Data-Analytics platforms
- Experience with Netbackup or other backup platforms
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do.
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure.
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.