Threat Hunting Analyst
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Cisco Security & Trust Organisation's Security Visibility & Incident Command team is looking for a full time Senior Security Analyst for Cisco's global Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT). CSIRT reduces the risk of loss as a result of security incidents for Cisco-owned businesses. CSIRT regularly engages in pro-active threat assessment, mitigation planning, incident detection and response, incident trending with analysis, and security architecture.
CSIRT prefers a college graduate with 8-12 years IT technical experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Network administration
- System administration (Windows or Unix)
- IT security with a focus on computer forensics, incident response, malicious code/exploits, anti-virus, etc.
- Web application and script development
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Familiar with Windows exploits, malware and malicious code trends
- Demonstrate good customer service, communications, and troubleshooting skills. The candidate must be able and willing to follow process and demonstrate past examples, including case handling
- Experience working in a global support environment, experience working under pressure is a plus.
- Willing to work slightly off-hours including rotational on-call, conduct security event analysis, provide coordination and primary response to security incidents
- Demonstrate interest and knowledge of security trends, especially hacking-technologies including trojans, viruses, and worms
- Demonstrate knowledge of TCP/IP and application in securing systems, investigating security incidents
- Demonstrate clear experience with UNIX/Windows operating systems
- Experience with SIEM tools e.g. Splunk, AlienVault, LogRhythm, etc.
The ideal candidate will have a very strong interest in complex problem solving, ability to challenge assumptions, consider alternative perspectives, think quickly and perform in high-stress situations, while operating exceedingly well in a strong, tight-knit, collaborative team environment.
Degree in IT / CS / MIS / Information Security or equivalent operational experience. Post graduate degrees a plus.
The CSIRT Analyst will sustain and improve usage of network security tools to support of CSIRT's security monitoring and incident response services. CSIRT deploys and supports network IDS, proxy-based malware filtering solutions, host intrusion prevention tools, log management and analysis, device syslog processing, and network traffic inspection tools. CSIRT develops custom integration tools for communicating with Cisco infrastructure, security tools, and for conducting security investigations.
The core responsibilities of the CSIRT analyst are:
- Setup and tune monitoring plays involving multiple security monitoring products and data feeds
- Develop and tune documented process for incident and alert handling.
- Mentor and train others on the team in how to properly handle incidents as well as critical issues
- Run schedule to ensure operational effectiveness & on-time delivery of all work consistent with documented requirements
In addition, the CSIRT Analyst will be accountable for the following:
- Call out to CSIRT investigators and external support teams to assist in analysis and event resolution.
- Document cases, procedures, analysis, and investigations accurately and thoroughly (including best-practice documentation).
- Inform higher-level priorities, improvements and problem resolutions to improve effectiveness of Cisco CSIRT & InfoSec.
- Constructively challenge and improve existing tools, processes and procedures.
- Assist CSIRT with continued enhancement of Cisco's security tools.
- Develop and execute security controls, defenses and countermeasures to intercept and prevent internal or external threats or attempts to infiltrate company email, data, e-commerce and web-based systems.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments of applications, operating systems and/or networks.
- Respond to cybersecurity breaches, identify intrusions and isolate, block and remove unauthorized access.
- Research and evaluate cybersecurity threats and perform root cause analysis.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of security solutions.
- Learn quickly on the job as CSIRT pursues security solutions for various environments & technologies, including cloud technologies.
- Provide information to management regarding impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information and systems.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.