Sr Financial Analyst, Opex-ThousandEyes
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Alternate LocationSan Francisco, California
Area of InterestFinance
About ThousandEyes (part of Cisco)
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform delivers the only collectively powered view of the Internet, cloud and SaaS platforms, helping enterprises and service providers work together to identify problems before it impacts revenue, damages brand reputation, or halts employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco's Network Services Business Group, and is a foundational component of Cisco's growing Observability business.
What You’ll Do
You will be a Senior Financial Analyst joining a hard-working FP&A team within Cisco’s recent acquisition, ThousandEyes.
You will drive and maintain the company’s operating expense forecasts and long-range plan, contribute as a business partner, and deliver executive-level reporting to ThousandEyes management teams and Cisco’s key functional partners. The primary goal is to keep pace with the company’s rapid growth and to provide useful insights that advise better decisions and help take ThousandEyes to new heights. You will play a critical role in managing and driving core FP&A activities across internal and external teams and be a key contributor within a small team, where each member takes on a variety of different tasks.
- Drive and handle monthly & quarterly quantitative and qualitative reporting and analyses of financial results including the corporate P&L and OPEX, coordinate with key finance organizations and use various forecast models, reporting systems, and tools such as Hyperion, Excel, Anaplan, etc;
- Own and lead corporate initiatives such as Marketing, R&D, and G&A headcount and expense planning through regular monthly BvAs with budget owners and OPEX variance analyses. Ensuring key issues, risks, and business drivers are understood and highlighted with concrete insights
- Drive process and reporting automation and other efficiencies for various finance organizations and partners within Cisco
- Assist with ad-hoc analyses and data-driven business decisions
- Participate as a member of our FP&A team in improving the Company’s finance and accounting processes as they relate to the month/quarter-end close process, real-time reporting, and rolling forecasts
Who You'll Work With
This position will have an immediate and significant impact in paving the way for a best-in-class FP&A team. You will build cross-functional, collaborative relationships across Product, Engineering, Marketing, and other operational groups as part of the hyper-growth engine that is ThousandEyes.
Who You Are
You are a highly motivated self-starter with a very strong work ethic with a sense of urgency to perform at the highest level. You are willing to work autonomously AND as a member of a team in a fast-paced, rapidly growing ambitious environment. You have a natural sense of curiosity and a “figure it out” mentality along with an ability to balance being diligent as well as seeing the big picture.
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent.
- 2 -4+ years of relevant progressive Finance experience in a fast-paced and high growth environment, preferably in the technology and/or SaaS space
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to understand needs while maintaining alignment with the company’s short and long-term strategic priorities and financial objectives
- Strong financial modeling, planning, forecasting and analysis skills. Proven foundation in finance and GAAP accounting, ideally in one or more enterprise SaaS companies
- Expert in Microsoft Excel; Experience in Hyperion, Essbase & Netsuite; Anaplan experience a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.